Reviews Forum

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
We just opened up a new Reviews forum

I realize that this may make some of you uncomfortable as we're allowing all respectful reviews (be they good or bad) to be posted for/of any kitchen knifemaker or vendor, even us here.

Some us may take some lumps but I'm sure that we'll benefit from how we handle it. I'm also certain that this forum can, and will, provide additional exposure than normally seen in our own forums or the Kitchen Knife forum.

Vendors may use this forum as intended but you should not post any of your own product or service reviews there, even if they were created somewhere else by someone else. This is not a forum for self-promotion.

If you have questions or concerns please bring them up.

Dave

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
For clarity, as vendors, how are we to use this forum? Any reviews of our products, would be by those purchasing or useing said products. If we post reviews of others work it will be seen as biased, for good or bad. If I'm the only one head scratching here, I'll blame it on the cold. Thanks.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Well let's say that you buy a knife from Japan for cutting bread and love it so you decide to do a review of it, that's cool. maybe what might not be so cool (although maybe OK by the rules) would be to post a review for your buddy the knifemaker who has a forum here, this will probably make you look kind of biased. The same thing might not look so cool for any vendor to do reviews for other vendors, people see through that stuff.

I recently mentioned how much (and why) I like a stone that Jon sells. I did this in his forum. I was careful how I worded what I said so that it seemed genuine and not just the guy who owns the forum talking up a vendor who pays rent. I would never make the same post in the review section though.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
Maybe we should just be more clear about it and say no vendor posting there? I don't care myself as I'll never use it anyway.

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
To be fair and unbiased, that would make sense, although I assume vendors can comment or respond?

Jim

Reaction score
To be fair and unbiased, that would make sense, although I assume vendors can comment or respond?
Sure, as in conversation- badgering or ping ponging with the review/reviewer will not be allowed.The other side of the same coin, no one will be allowed to grind an ax and post endlessly about a purchase they made that did not suit them. Great point Pierre, Thank you.