Righteous Henckels wall set!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This beauty came in just yesterday:
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

20 bucks! from ebay. It'd been sitting there for months and I finally made an offer that was immediately accepted.
More images to come, shortly.

It was the wall holder that first caught my eye; that classic Zwilling logo but with a sunburst around it. Really nice.
009.jpg

This set is fairly rare as it has a metallic Twins logo actually inset into the handles. I've seen a few of these individually but never a set.
009.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
013.jpg
015.jpg

Sorry for so many similar images; just trying to make them clear as they're kinda hard to make out.

On to the knives themselves:
011.jpg

10" slicer, 8" bullnose butcher, 8"&6" carvers, and an extremely funky "4-1/8" breakfast knife. Note the 'Superfection' logo on this, the left side of the blade face.
014.jpg
These used to have been filled with red paint. I've seen a few examples in better shape where the red really pops. (Thinking about restoring that red paint.)
012.jpg

Above is the right side of the blade face. Again a full Henckels logo (of an older style) and with the model numbers.

I'm extremely pleased with this acquisition. It IS missing a small paring knife; the 476-3 I believe. I'm on the lookout for that knife. If anyone has a lead please let me know.

Dunno if you can tell how highly polished these blades are/were. This image is of the most scratched but I think you can still see the mirror polishing effect.
What sandpaper (or other) grits should I start and end with to get this back to the original state?
002.jpg
003.jpg

How old are they? Do they have where they were made on the other side? Are they German made? I have never seen any like that.

Looks like they are back when from the carbon stainless wars.

How old are they? Do they have where they were made on the other side? Are they German made? I have never seen any like that.

60s/70s is my guess. Yes, Solingen. Yes. They're out there, just not a lot of them. Superfection line, and I call them 'Batman handles' as the lower half of the handle looks like part of a Batman logo.

Latest posts

Back