• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD River Jump and Yanick for your River Jump

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These two both have new homes and I have a wonderful 240 Cloud Flow now. Thanks everyone!

I'm not really sure how to start this as it's a difficult trade for me to even propose. One of my knife collecting goals is to have a 240 of each of the most notable Japanese makers. I am starting with the most difficult to attain and finishing with the easiest (not that any are easy). As most of you know, I have checked off the biggest hurdle, The Kaiju. Next on the list is a 240 River Jump.

So on offer today I first have my BNIB 210 River Jump recently purchased from Ai & Om.

I of course understand that 210 and 240 are not equal so to sweeten the pot I am offering a knife that makes me feel a little unwell to write.

In addition to the 210 River Jump, I would like to offer my 243/56/4.7 Yanick Vintage Iron Rosewood Gyuto. This is in most ways a very standard Ku Yanick except for one thing which I just love. I chatted with him about this knife and he said he wanted to merge the feel of a western handle with the shape of a Japanese handle so he brought the handle right up to the choil and tapered the sides of the handle. The way this changes the feel of the knife is just incredible. Again it is still BNIB so I've only held it, but the way it feels in hand is crazy. Instead of having that gap between the blade and the handle, when you hold this in a pinch grip, the handle is right there for your remaining fingers to hold on to. And it may be minor, but for me, I usually prefer cutting with a 230 as opposed to a 240 which can feel a bit unwieldy sometimes. But because of the handle placement, the knife feels so much more solid and controlled in hand and the overall length is actually the same as a 230 (last photo next to my 230 Yanick for reference). It kind of feels like you're getting an extra 15mm for free. I think for most people this doesn't sound like a big deal but to me it is the best ergonomically designed Yanick to date and the 243mm/56mm/4.7mm measurements are just delicious. I want to use it as my daily knife for everything for the rest of my life...... but..... I also want a 240 River Jump.

So, I don't know if this trade appeals to anyone, but it's the best I've got. So here are the exchanges I will entertain:

210 River Jump + Cash - - - 240 River Jump
210 River Jump + Yanick - - - 240 River Jump + Cash
Yanick + Cash - - - 240 River Jump
Cash - - - 240 River Jump
Smooches - - - 240 River Jump
Tremendous Appreciation - - - 240 River Jump

Neither of these knives are on offer for sale as the 210 will always be reserved for a trade and the Yanick is going to quickly turn into my daily if it is not traded.

And I am not interested in Kato or Shig offers until I have acquired a 240 River Jump.

Hopefully this trade appeals to somebody, but at the same time.... I also hope it doesn't.

Have a good day guys!

IMG_7711.jpeg
IMG_7713.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg
IMG_7716.jpeg
IMG_7720.jpeg
IMG_7718.jpeg
IMG_7719.jpeg
tempImageWy22Ln.png
IMG_7721.jpeg

Last edited:
I am totally with you. I only buy 240 gyutos and only made an exception for Tsukasa Hinoura where I bought santokus (River jump, Unyu, Unryu tamahagane) and a Nakiri. Don't know how I might get a 240 some day, but good luck to you.

Last edited:
Back