Roasted Red Peckers...errr... Peppers Ideas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sauce-Mix with marinara to make roasted red pepper sauce for pasta.

Soup-Mirepoix, chicken stock, roasted red peppers, basil, goat cheese and blend.

Kopanisti dip-Feta cheese, roasted red peppers, pickled banana peppers, garlic, olive oil and blend. Serve with homemade pita chips.

red peppers coulis
red peppers tapenade
red peppers vierge
red peppers powder
red peppers risotto with mushroom and steamed bream
red peppers stuffed with mushroom duxelles or fennel and saffron
heck it... red peppers topping on fresh bread with loads of cold butter and salt. I wouldnt expect more :D
foccacia with loads of red peppers will do

Red pepper tapenade is really good on pizza!

You can really just keep them on hand and load them up in almost anything. They are a nice addition to a lot of things!

Romesco sauce.
Sauteed with onions as a topping, main ingredient for sandwiches.
Use in paella, jambalaya.
Use with onions and other vegetables for a base for braising chicken a la chicken cacciatore.

+1 to pasta, pizza.

Thanks Everybody....good stuff here. :thumbsup:
I'm trying not to use them as a 'star' ingredient, but more as a 'supporting actor'. For me, canned roasted peppers always taste like crap. Cnochef, I'm gonna try the soup w/ diced roasted eggplant and pesto. Michael, I really like Romesco; one of my faves. Maybe a dirty rice w/ black beans and red pepper coulis. I could pair it with some 10oz ribeyes that magically appeared in my cooler. I'm also going to try drying them out a bit in the oven and grinding them with some local chilis to make harrissa or a sambal.

Harrissa or Sambal would be good on pizza!

pesto
hummus
beurre blanc
vinaigrette
espuma

Chop the peppers and toss with smashed garbanzos, lemon juice, pimenton & minced parsley.

Or add them to hearty soups!

Back