Quantcast

Roth ira ? for all you money folks............

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
ok so from what i read......u can take out whatever your contribution is at anytime tax/penalty free?.....that sounds too easy.....so say i contributed 3000 dollars to an ira.....can i take 3000 out two years later?.......do i clain it on my taxes at the end of the year?.....anything i should know about?......ryan

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
ok so from what i read......u can take out whatever your contribution is at anytime tax/penalty free?.....that sounds too easy.....so say i contributed 3000 dollars to an ira.....can i take 3000 out two years later?.......do i clain it on my taxes at the end of the year?.....anything i should know about?......ryan

Not without penalties!

Pesky

rahimlee54

Reaction score
As long as you just touch what you put in there aren't any penalties. If you touch money earned there is a 10% fed penalty. Here is a fact sheet.

Click me.

I am a pretty big fan of Roths personally, but if I were self employed there are a couple of other options.

Jared

mikemac

Reaction score
I've been in the business for 29+ years so if you want you can follow up with a pm....By claim on my taxes at year end , do you mean report the 3000 distribution (withdrawl?) Yes, and it will help to provide the IRS with your logic for a PENALTY FREE WITHDRAWL, like a earlier account statement showing the contribution in the same amount.

I think Roths are pretty good if your are a). young, and b). in a reltively low tax bracket
I'd be especialy wary of Roth Conversions