Rustbucket giveaway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to the winners. And thanks for the giveaway. Still think the winners should put up some pictures of the knives fixed up :)

Super stoked! Never had to refurb a knife, should be fun project. Hope I don’t stuff it up! Thanks robin, legend

Congrats and thanks Robin, altough I'm no winner this time.

Mack.

Congrats to the winners. Would be great to see pics once you guys are done with them!

Thank you again. I am not sure how much of the refurb I will do vs a fellow knifenut buddy. Either way, this will be the star of my collection.

Super stoked! Never had to refurb a knife, should be fun project. Hope I don’t stuff it up! Thanks robin, legend

Don't know if this will notify you, but you seem to have forgot to reply to my pm about adress ;)

I present my newest toy, the Dalman rustbucket give away. I was lucky enough to win a free rusty knife. I hit it hard with bar keepers friend, followed by two baths in a baking soda slurry. This is looking pretty good. I stared resetting the bevel at 220 grit, it was shaving sharp right away, then I progressed up and up and up to 8k. This knife cuts like a dream. Thank you @dalmanknives. I have to figure out the finish on the blade. This might be a candidate for a mirror polish. I have a guy...

https://instagram.com/p/BfAMvl8HdmU/

Ooh mine can’t be far, unless friggen customs have snagged it... Came out pretty good, will be some good sandpaper practice!

Ooh mine can’t be far, unless friggen customs have snagged it... Came out pretty good, will be some good sandpaper practice!

Checked tracking and yup, arrived at customs wednesday. Fairly sure I marked it very very low and gift, would be funny if they open and want to tax it 😛

Knife arrived after customs had a nosy. So far, just cleaned her up and stropped on loaded felt. Cuts sweet! Cool to have a thinner knife after using the likes of katos for so long. A touch handle heavy, splitting hairs. And while the overall profile is something I’m not used to, the edge profile is bloody good if that makes sense... if this is one of your first, then hot damn where do I sign up. Seriously. And thanks again, was nice to receive a knife after I had to sell off most of my collection

Knife arrived after customs had a nosy. So far, just cleaned her up and stropped on loaded felt. Cuts sweet! Cool to have a thinner knife after using the likes of katos for so long. A touch handle heavy, splitting hairs. And while the overall profile is something I’m not used to, the edge profile is bloody good if that makes sense... if this is one of your first, then hot damn where do I sign up. Seriously. And thanks again, was nice to receive a knife after I had to sell off most of my collection

Hehe yea general design there's a few things that are a bit odd. Thanks for reporting in, glad you got some joy out of it!

Nothing of this ever happened unless you post some images! :spiteful:

Back