• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Ryusen Blazen 210mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, tempted by the price,
I think I will wait for JKI to get some in, I want Jon's customer service, and he is an official retailer and can provide waranty service if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The WTB prefix is typically used to indicate OP is looking for a used knife that someone is willing to set free. That none are being offered up may speak to the quality of the knife - or it may be the thread has been derailed by the (soon to be gone) Ricky link.

While we're on this subject... yesterday I was watching a YT video on Ryusen knives... can't say how old... did I see you @JBroida among the staff (not necessarily part of it) at some point?

Edit: Know I'll look stupid one way or another but asking anyway

Nice then I’m not completely crazy. You did a real nice job of smiling and belonging don’t worry! I think I’ll let myself be tempted by one of these especially since you visit often they are probably good. Did you work there at some point of your career?

nah... i'm not sure when that video was from, but it was probably just a time when i was there hanging out and talking with them about normal business stuff. I've also spent some time forging and sharpening with them, to get a better sense of their process, and there have been times where i spent time discussing with the actual craftsmen there about how their knives are being used by our customers and why we value the things we value (i.e. rounded spine and choil, edge profiles, balance issues, issues with brittleness, etc.). I feel like the better the craftsmen understand how things are being used and cared for here, the better they will do at making things the way we like.

Back