Sakai sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been using sujihiki a lot more lately; I like a 240 for a line knife but sometimes it’s a little small and a 270 is a little big. I do tend to do a lot of prep on the line when I’m not slammed, so I’d like to try a Sakai 270 nominal suji which should be around 255 actual. The two I’ve got my eye on so far are Kagekiyo and Hitohira Kikuchiyo Kyuzo; any other 255ish sujis that stand out?

I'm very happy with the Yoshikazu Tanaka suji I have. Listed at 270, but the heel to tip length is 258mm, height at heel is 42.

476018F7-FF55-4D11-8979-D2926B925616.jpeg

Ooh I forgot about Heiji suji, probably need one of those too. Not sure about anymore KU wide bevels since my go to currently are Hinoura AS 240 and Shiro Kamo AS 270, but maybe. @ditmas what Is that big long one, the 300 or 330?

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Kagekiyo, I have the 210mm white #2, it’s not very tall though if that matters. My other recommendation would be a Mizuno, I have the 270mm blue #2 sujihiki, I find the steel to take and hold a crazy sharp edge really easily although the fit and finish is much better on the Kagekiyo.

Ooh I forgot about Heiji suji, probably need one of those too. Not sure about anymore KU wide bevels since my go to currently are Hinoura AS 240 and Shiro Kamo AS 270, but maybe. @ditmas what Is that big long one, the 300 or 330?

It's a 360mm Raquin suji, not mine—a friend kindly lent it to me to use for a few months.

The 360 dragon gyuto wasn’t super practical other than to go around like “the dragon on my knife is the size of your whole knife”, but I think I might have to start thinking of a practical use for a 360 suji! That is a badass blade

Latest posts

Back