• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Sakai Takayuki 240 gyuto(Burrfection knife)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsoJ

Reaction score
For sale burrfection gyuto knife by Sakai Takayuki.

Steel blue 2 with stainless steel cladding
Edge lenght 240mm
Heel height 48,80mm
Weight 144gr
Spine at the heel 2mm
Spine 10mm from the tip 0.8mm
Handle material teak with buffalo horn
Comes with the box.

I got this from exchange of hand tools. It is new, no cutting or touchups, few scratches on the blade(the cladding appears to be real soft). I am selling it because it is way too light for my taste and the profile just isnt for me. I would like to have 150$ include shipping to EU, elsewhere +25$.

IMG_20200113_152715.jpg
IMG_20200113_152647.jpg
IMG_20200113_152754.jpg
IMG_20200113_153149.jpg

Do you know if Ryky (burrfection) is the sharpener for this knife?

I dont think so. I think he just ordered the knives from Takayuki.

The last rope cutting video I saw went over 1000 Mark I believe. I know he is not popular here, but I like his videos, they are not always correct but none the less useful still.

Last edited:
How thin is this behind the edge? Compared to other lasers like Ashi, Yusuke etc.?

Thanks?

Mack.

How thin is this behind the edge? Compared to other lasers like Ashi, Yusuke etc.?

Thanks?

Mack.
I cant say how thin it is compared to other lasers. I can try measure it if that helps.

Yes, it would help, thanks. Maybe you can measure it 1mm above the edge.

Mack.

Guys $150 ... give it to a sous.
You know it's a laser, in blue2. Even tanaka are $200. Probably a great value knife ... another ks clone as you now Ricky loves ks.

This could also complete someone's ks collection. Ks/miz ks/moritaka ks/Ikeda/ shiabata ks / Sakai yusuke/ ... now Ricky ks Takayuki

I had Sakai Yusuke(swedish stainless) as my first j-knife. I used it only a handful of times, the laser+lightness wasnt my thing. This is bnib and the cladding seems to be as soft as in the Yusuke(wipe with towel and light scratches). I can do some cutting, but it wouldnt be any use because I have no comparison with better lasers. So if some wants it, it is here for a while before I decide to gift it away to relatives :D

I’m sure this would sell at your original asking price on Reddit. Look up chefknifeswap

Maybe I could try the Reddit but I stick with KKF and for the time beeing I'll keep it and give it a go and have some comparison with my "KS" profile HVB.

Back