• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Sakai Takayuki / Kenji Togashi 245mm White #2 Honyaki Gyuto "The James"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Description
Been dying to try one of these, it's just too much knife for me. Never used or sharpened. Paid $1350.

James from Knives and Stones worked with Sakai Takayuki to create a custom-profile honyaki gyuto, forged by Kenji Togashi. It's very unique, but well thought out. Handle is a K&S custom made of amboyna burl, brass and blonde horn.

I'm investigating the possibility of returning the knife but wanted to offer it up to the community before I do. If it doesn't sell and I can return it, I'll just send it back to K&S.

Dimensions:
Length - 250mm
Height - 57mm
Weight - 10.29 oz / 303 g

What's included
Kenji Togashi Honyaki Gyuto
Saya
Original box

Price
$ 1250 shipped to USA and PP

* Prefer to keep sales in USA. *

Pictures

30128652437_dbd64c861a_k.jpg

30128648497_f9b236329f_k.jpg

44154214355_f21eeacfbf_k.jpg

31192271218_b6cf0b59f8_k.jpg

44154211725_6bd94d6ea0_k.jpg

Last edited:
** NOTE: LISTING IS ON HOLD WHILE I FIND THE DETAILS OF RETURNING THE KNIFE. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND A PM AND I'LL UPDATE WHEN I HAVE MORE INFORMATION. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE! **

I have the Blue 1 version of this. Probably the finest cutter I’ve used. I honestly said “whoa” out loud my first use. Truly and amazing profile and unbelievable knife.

I’m pretty sure I’ve already sang it enough praise, but in case there are any doubts, it’s brilliant, one of only two knives in perpetual rotation in out house

I have this knife as well. Top 2 or 3 in my collection. Well done all the way around.

Back