SALE All Desert Ironwood Burl Scale Sets marked down

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
All the Desert Ironwood Burl Scale Sets in our store are ON SALE with BIG DISCOUNTS! These are very high grade burl. Some might even be the best you have ever seen. So when you are looking through the sale pieces, be sure to look at the enlarged photos.

Go to the homepage at BurlSource.us or go directly to the sale pieces in the Ironwood Scales Section.

Click on the photo to go to where the sale pieces are located

You guys are welcome to post any questions or comments you have.
Otherwise I think nobody is looking or you don't like the wood.

They look really awesome!

I'm searching for some really blackish bog oak scales to a scimitar of mine if you have some :)

I actually have good news about Bog Oak.
I emailed my guy in Ukraine to see if he is ok.
He is a super nice young guy that got put into the army for the war over there.
He wrote back telling me that he is still alive and well.
He also told me that he worked things out to get 100 blocks sent to me.
I am expecting them to arrive in a couple weeks and then off to K&G for stabilizing.

I had thought I wouldn't be able to get any more of the Ukraine Bog Oak. It is much flashier than any other I have seen. Probably something to do with the minerals in the ground there. The last piece I had got used on this knife for a friend.
11057734_1611017512507854_3877470636497576548_n.jpg

Sweet, good news:doublethumbsup: If possible, send me an pm when they are ready

Thank's!

I really like the natural and "fiery" look to these, I'm planning a western rehandle in the future with one of our vendors and have something like this in mind (the birch is nice too). Does the ironwood darken significantly over time?

Also curious to know if they are available in thicknesses greater than 5/8" as the current handle scales are that thick (it's a big 360 gyuto) which would leave no leeway for flattening and then sanding/polishing. Perhaps bisecting a block would be an option, but I'm no expert and should leave that thinking to the pros. Thanks

Any of the blocks in the store can be cut into scales at no extra charge. Just make a note during checkout.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to sort some logistics out as I'll be shipping the knife internationally but it'll be good to know for when I get to it (unless Dave already has exactly what I'm looking for in the shop)

The sale on the Ironwood Burl Scales ends tomorrow.
On 6/24 any remaining sets will go back to their normal prices.

That's some really nice Ironwood Mark.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to sort some logistics out as I'll be shipping the knife internationally but it'll be good to know for when I get to it (unless Dave already has exactly what I'm looking for in the shop)

You can get liners to make up the difference.

That's some really nice Ironwood Mark.

You can get liners to make up the difference.

Good point, not sure what I'd want as a liner to compliment the ironwood and steel though. Was also reading Dave's rehandle FAQs and it sounds like blocks are preferred anyways, the bog oak could work too I'm thinking. It'll give me some time to sort out some loose ends and see how things are looking once the WAs are out of the way. Either way I'll be keeping my eyes on the new arrivals

Back