Satoshi nakagawa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinyunggyun

Banned
Reaction score
For a long time, I've only been following yoshikazu Tanaka and yoshikazu ikeda for my japanese knives. Sure, I have knives from other blacksmiths, but Tanaka's knives, and to a lesser extent ikeda's knives mostly consist of my collection. But this younger blacksmith has really been catching my eye. This nakagawa guy seems to be able to work with more steel types than tanaka, and able to make all sorts of different styles, including honyaki. It's like he's the next best thing. But the only lines that I know that he has been involved in are migoto, takada no hamono, kagekiyo, hitohira kikuchiyo, and the occasional random honyaki that he comes out with. What other lines has this smith been involved with besides these? I want to start collecting his stuff now.

Nakagawa is a good choice...thinking now is the time to get in before his stuff becomes pricier. For a few years he was doing most of the output for Shiraki Hamono and from what I've heard he was doing Honyaki for Shiraki awhile even bearing Shirakis kanji on the tang. I have one of them. If it's good enough for Shiraki to put his name on Nakagawas work, it's good enough for me. To be honest haven't had a chance to really use it yet as I'm having some work done on it,.

For a long time, I've only been following yoshikazu Tanaka and yoshikazu ikeda for my japanese knives. Sure, I have knives from other blacksmiths, but Tanaka's knives, and to a lesser extent ikeda's knives mostly consist of my collection. But this younger blacksmith has really been catching my eye. This nakagawa guy seems to be able to work with more steel types than tanaka, and able to make all sorts of different styles, including honyaki. It's like he's the next best thing. But the only lines that I know that he has been involved in are migoto, takada no hamono, kagekiyo, hitohira kikuchiyo, and the occasional random honyaki that he comes out with. What other lines has this smith been involved with besides these? I want to start collecting his stuff now.
He also has some knives for knives and stone and sugi cutlery just got some really nice looking ones in whitch is own brand.

Last edited:
Back