Say what? Hammered Teflon Coating Kengata Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teflon coated knives are not so rare these days. Mac also has some as well and there are a lot more in the market.
I guess Super Stone Barrier knives got popular/hyped in Japan some years ago, and everybody started making coated knives.

It seems coating works well on some conditions, like cutting cheese and butter[citation needed]. More over the black blade looks cool. They claim coating makes cleaning easier as well.

This guy made it happen.

So when you need sharpening, you can throw away the old and buy a new one to keep the desired function. If that's the case, why not just use stamped knives coated with Teflon so it becomes a cheap disposable.

So when you need sharpening, you can throw away the old and buy a new one to keep the desired function. If that's the case, why not just use stamped knives coated with Teflon so it becomes a cheap disposable.
Yeah, it makes no sense on any level that I can see.

Oh great, another kitchen tool covered in teflon that will flake off and end up in our bloodstream..
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Seems bizarre.

Holy cow...that is really some serious POS.
That teflon coating does come off. And the handle comes off, obviously from that laughable tang. Thing is dangerous and should be pulled off the market. Oh and I'd like to shoot whoever put in "sushi knife" to describe this garbage...lol
81Xq9LwEfRL._SY88.jpg
517nAfvFVgL._SY88.jpg

And yet somehow it has 4.5/5 stars with 1,345 reviews
Remember a book you hated, then head over to Goodreads, and there's about a 99 per cent chance it's 4.x/5 stars. Most people over there are so proud of themselves for having read a book they give it five stars just for the achievement.

There is no "wisdom of the crowd."

Back