Saying Goodbye

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
I know that I have not been around here a lot in the past few months.
My Damascus business has picked up some while the kitchen knives have been slowing down, so I have not made many extras. In addition early this summer, my wife went into the hospital for a week. That scared the hell out of me and I had a rough few weeks myself. Then I have spent the past few months catching up both with work and financially.
I am having to limit my expenses and I just cannot afford the subforum cost any more. You guys have been great, and I am not giving up on kitchen knives at all. If you are interested, my website is www.ealyknives.com
I will post available knives there, and I am always up for making a custom.
Thanks,
Del

Glad to heer from you Del and sorry to hear about your wife. I hope everything is alright now?

And great to hear you are still in the kitcheb knife business even if you have to drop the sub form.

Your random damascus is still one of my favourite patterns.. and my 270 is still my go to knife.

Hope everything goes well.

Del - best of luck. Definitely a fan of your work! Hope all settles on the home front.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope things all work out for you.

I wish you and your family the best, Del.

You have such a unique style that I can always recognize your work.

Be well Del, I miss your works in progress on here, hope to see you back in due course, in the mean time good luck with the damascus, hope it brings you some relief. :)

Be well Del, I miss your works in progress on here, hope to see you back in due course, in the mean time good luck with the damascus, hope it brings you some relief. :)

Will,
one thing I did get done this summer was to post a series of videos on making stainless Damascus on my facebook page under Delbert Ealy. I posted the first one to my Ealy Knives facebook page as well, still have to get the other up.
check them out if you have a moment.
Thanks,
Del

Thanks for all the warm wishes.
My wife is fine now. It just threw my whole world into a tailspin.
Thanks,
Del

I'm a relative newbie here but recognize your name from all the people here that spoke well of you.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Thanks Del, found you, will be nice to follow your makings :)

Will,
one thing I did get done this summer was to post a series of videos on making stainless Damascus on my facebook page under Delbert Ealy. I posted the first one to my Ealy Knives facebook page as well, still have to get the other up.
check them out if you have a moment.
Thanks,
Del

I've enjoyed "knowing" you through the forum Del. One of my first really cool experiences here was when you made my daughter and me matching paring knives some 4 yrs ago. We're still cutting with them.

Best of luck and cheers. Hopefully you will still post here and there ;)

So sorry to hear about your misfortunes Del. Hoping that things turn around for you soon and strong. The parer you made for me is still my favorite. God bless.

I somehow managed to miss this thread until this evening. Good luck Del, and please post an update every now and then letting us all know how you are doing.

Back