Scissors. ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Reaction score
no denying, you all are knife people thru and thru.

what about the very humble scissor? i use these daily. i grabbed them from my MIL when she moved to Taipei. it is my understanding that they are also Taiwanese. could be wrong. they are super sharp and really nimble. chives dont stand a chance. i use them to cut dates for my morning oatmeal. so much easier than using a knife.

i have a pair of more robust serrated shears that i use for chicken and fish fins. but these are my daily drivers.

very inexpensive..super good in my opinion.

View attachment 161902
KAI brand shears for me. General use in the kitchen. They have been great. Very sharp, easy to use, easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble. Inexpensive.

KAI Group makes SHUN blades, Kershaw, etc.

Reaction score
What about solid poultry shears?
As a home cook I’ve been very happy with OXO’s shears, which let you use full palm strength across all fingers.

93A6EE20-66F2-448A-B5B6-B06E8E8F5A21.jpeg

TB_London

Reaction score
After having various scissors over the years I’ve doubled down on zwilling superfection as being really nice scissors at a not unreasonable price point
8B70EC8F-557B-4871-942E-055C4FB2E59E.jpeg

They are well ground, good sharpness and have stood up to kitchen use well. Just added the extra large as the other half has a habit of cutting pizzas with scissors.

Compared to typical kitchen scissors they are a cut above. I do still have some brutish poultry shears though for going through carcasses for stock.

Well worth a try if you’re on the lookout for good scissors

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a pair of stainless Tojiro shears that replaced my Joyce Chen ones and I really love them. Had a pair of Mac that were really nice but they seem to be gone. Have a pair of my moms Kitchen-Aid shears that are decent but don’t break down easily.