Seattle Area Knife/Kitchen Thread!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how long was that knife? He talked about it being short but it didn’t look that short to me.

Hey y'all thanks @madmotts for the tip on the SEA thread. I don't have anything to add to the current discussion 😂 but if ya'll are willing to entertain two topics at once ...

...Is this summer doing different things to your knives than before? I feel like this summer in SEA has been ridiculously humid. I'm seeing spot oxidation just from the air on my misono carbon, never seen that before on any of my carbons. Anyway, glad to be here, Go Hawks if that ever happens again 🤷‍♂️

Btw it sounds like we lost a sharpener, Bob with seattle knife sharpening moved out to Montana so if y'all are looking to start the side hustle now may be the time.

I feel like this summer in SEA has been ridiculously humid.

In my experience its always really humid in SEA during the summer. Hot, sticky, rainy. South East Asia gets hit by monsoon season too so it can be hard on carbon steels.

:laughingchef:

Btw it sounds like we lost a sharpener, Bob with seattle knife sharpening moved out to Montana
Damn... I went in a handful of times to drop off my wustof/henkels. At that time I had only a Masamoto yanagiba and he was like “oh this one i will do by hand. It’ll be really sharp. You want to clean up the patina? Why would you ever want to do that?” And then when I picked it up. “Let me show you how sharp it is. You can shave with it (as he shaved off some arm hair)”.

Hey Seattle folks Epicedge is/has moved to sodo. Maybe old news- as of October 1 3628 E. Marginal Way S, Seattle, WA 98033. Randomly discovered via google and confirmed on their site. Bigger better souther?

Hey Seattle folks Epicedge is/has moved to sodo. Maybe old news- as of October 1 3628 E. Marginal Way S, Seattle, WA 98033. Randomly discovered via google and confirmed on their site. Bigger better souther?

Souther sounds good to me. Anything to keep from driving through Seattle to the areas to the North.

No more spending an hour trying to park at the kirkland waterfront :upsidedownspin:

I think a backyard barbeque could be a lot of fun. Doesn't necessarily need to be epic either, a low-key starter to get the ball rolling?

Also, EE puts all their goodies online, no real surprises in person. Still worth a pilgrimage.
I thought that as well but much like Crocker they get stuff in that is in the shop for a few days before going online. I dont know if that is standard practice but I was chatting with them a while back on some Bidinger's, they sent me pictures of 3 or 4 that werent online.

Not yet, but the end of summer is drawing close so anyone interested should send me a message and I’ll pick a Sunday that works for everyone.

Ok. I forecast the Magnacut is about three to four weeks away from you so Sep 4 (or 11) should coincide nicely. Labor Day weekend sounds promising. But it’s just a suggestion… I’m not in Seattle, just a busybody.

If @captaincaed attends I would like very much for him to demo HHT3+ on the knife :)

@blokey did your visit happen yet? You’re on the Magnacut list also. As is @mrmoves92

Last edited:
Thanks for the Epic Edge reminder. I am driving up north in a couple of weeks to meet Brian Hanson at his shop for a tour and to pick handle materials. I need to remember to leave time to check out EE

FREE stuff! free large induction burner (Max Burton XL). Large coil (most are much smaller). Works and have probe. Pick up in (north seattle) shoreline. DM me for questions or if you want it.

IMG_9831.jpeg

I can’t believe you have one of these that you’re giving away. I live in Bothell and would definitely put this to use. I’m a knife maker of about 4 years now but don’t make knives to sell. I also sharpen knives for a lot of people but don’t even charge anyone. I will say though that my friends and family are pretty happy with my hobby🤣. Id be willing to do something for you rather than just take this at no cost. Go ahead and reach out to me.
FREE stuff! free large induction burner (Max Burton XL). Large coil (most are much smaller). Works and have probe. Pick up in (north seattle) shoreline. DM me for questions or if you want it.

View attachment 308999

Back