See Ya Later, Aligator

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My time as a KKF Pro Craftsman vendor has come to an end. I wish to acknowledge that KKF and its many great members have been an integral part of my root-setting as a knifemaker and I will be forever grateful for the many kind and supportive people I have met within this community.

Haburn Knives is not going anywhere except into new and exciting projects.

-Ian

Alligator has two l's! I screwed up my last thread. Well, I gave it a whirl.

Sure hate to see you moving on. Just watch out for those alligators with large clocks. Let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Thanks for the well wishes, you animals!

Hate to see you leave us. Enjoyed watching you grow in your field and while an artesian you ran your business like a business. The door is always open here.

Just understand you have no where to run or hide ... remember that at night after you put all the new pretty blades neatly away and are trying to get some sleep. I am training my male cat to find stainless damascus knives and carry them back to me ... you won't stand a chance in a few months ... he should be close to 11 Kg's by then ... plus the female is the deadlier of the two anyway and silent ... they will both just likely try to love you to death though ...

Best O' Luck Ian ... not like you will need it ... but judging by your IG account I think I need to talk you into a BGE instead of that Weber! Real smiths don't grill under 700 degrees ... just sayin ... now I am off to make sure no one took any of my Haburn Knives while I was on this site ...

Hate to see you leave us. Enjoyed watching you grow in your field and while an artesian you ran your business like a business. The door is always open here.

Thanks Dave, you've always been generous with your time and helpful with my questions.

Just understand you have no where to run or hide ... remember that at night after you put all the new pretty blades neatly away and are trying to get some sleep. I am training my male cat to find stainless damascus knives and carry them back to me ... you won't stand a chance in a few months ... he should be close to 11 Kg's by then ... plus the female is the deadlier of the two anyway and silent ... they will both just likely try to love you to death though ...

Best O' Luck Ian ... not like you will need it ... but judging by your IG account I think I need to talk you into a BGE instead of that Weber! Real smiths don't grill under 700 degrees ... just sayin ... now I am off to make sure no one took any of my Haburn Knives while I was on this site ...

:D:D You know what they need? Stainless damascus kitty tag! Make sure you swing by next time you're in pdx.

Best of luck Ian. Very happy to have to found you here, and thoroughly enjoyed your updates and photos. I love the knives you made for me, and looking forward to our next ones!

Neal

I assume you're moving on to bigger and better things. Congratulations.

Best of luck Ian. Very happy to have to found you here, and thoroughly enjoyed your updates and photos. I love the knives you made for me, and looking forward to our next ones!

Neal
Thanks Neal. I'm very excited about your new knife builds!!

Back