Seller's Remorse: Knives you've gotten rid of that you miss?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DitmasPork

Reaction score
I have no regrets, but two knives I got rid of that I miss are:

• 240 Gengetsu SS gyuto in prestine condition, with saya, circa 2013.
• 240 Konosuke Fujiyama gyuto, W2, circa 2013.

They are both currently in good homes.

170mm Bloodroot petty that I thought was too flexy at the tip:
DSC_0245.jpg

Kato standard profile looks more to my liking. Had I purchased one of those instead of a workhorse I’d likely still be in possession of it.
I was on the hunt back then for a shigafusa 240mm Kasumi that would be perfect for me. None is of the ones I used and owned worked out. I’m still keeping an eye out for a shig.

150 mm Robin Dalman Pettysuki. Not sure why I miss it, I barely used it but I still miss it. Surprisingly I don't miss my Kato :p

Had to sell a few knives because of the pressing need of the — little — money. Amongst those a Hiromoto NS-10 270mm, a simple knife but a great performer, I guessed I could find again in better times but never succeeded.

Tanaka ginsan nashiji 270 my first jknife I really liked.

Same one I liked?

I needed knife money so I sold a Suisin 270mm real Kiritsuke. At too low a price. I've absolutely have no need for that knife but may have to buy another.

Perfectly balanced for me and the profile was the best. Only tiny negative if I had to find something, food release could be better with a little more convexity.
Steel? How was edge retention? That Devin is killer

Back