Seller's Remorse: Knives you've gotten rid of that you miss?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do miss my kato 240 gyuto KU :( wasn’t digging the KU look back then, now price is doubled lol don’t see myself buying one back for that price tag.

Yup, the train has left the station for reasonably priced Katos—I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a western handle Kato when they were in stock.

Bought a bunch of Shigs and Katos around 2013-2015 when they were pretty affordable and more readily available. Barely any since.

I’m really grateful I haven’t had to sell any of my knives because I doubt I’d have the funds or opportunity to replace them in the current climate.

You can always buy more knives, just not Shigs/Katos at what you originally paid—it's like buying and selling an apartment in a dodgy neighborhood that becomes gentrified, you'd probably be priced out of that neighborhood.

This is weird. I had a dream last night that I had a Delbert Ealy back that I used to have. I traded it at a get together and have always been happy with the trade. Great knife tho.

This is weird. I had a dream last night that I had a Delbert Ealy back that I used to have. I traded it at a get together and have always been happy with the trade. Great knife tho.

You dream about knives? Hate to imagine your knife nightmares!

I once had 11 knives with Mike Henry handles. I sold all of them except one, at one point or another (KS, a couple Fujiyamas, Watanabe, a couple Kono HD's, etc...). A couple high grade Carters. Custom handled Misono dragon and Hiromoto AS. A western honyaki wide Masamoto. Yah, I'd love to spend some more quality time with any of them.

Western honyaki from masamoto??? Jesus man

Vanadis 23 Sanmai and AEB-L Cleaver...

36865874zc.jpg

but can not keep all knives, have anyway to many ;)

Regards

Uwe

Miss a Tansu I sold with a killer ironwood/walrus handle. Also, an older Halcyon 270 (which he doesn’t seem to make much anymore). Miss lots of jnats too.

Just sold my syousin sakura Ktip beast of a knife but I didnt want to keep two 240mms and my new toyama is just too good. Regret it slightly because it was my first high end japanes knife so it has a special place in my heart

Hiragatake SLD 180 gyuto, Shigehiro 240 (although I’ll eventually get a 270 instead I think), and either or both of Sukenari YXR7 and HAP40.

The Hira I’ll just get another one, gave it to a cook who needed a knife. The Sukenaris I got three high alloy steels and decided to keep the ZDP, but now I’m thinking I wasn’t a good enough sharpener at the time to really tell.

Maybe I’d want my Misono 360 back if I stay at my current job with the huge board, although that might still be more cool than useful.

Back