D. Martell Selling through Retailers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is my favorite, basically because I did a custom stain job on the (maple) wood to make it look like koa. It started life as a natural blond block, very plain looking. I like doing this stuff. :)

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

Last edited:
And while we're talking about nakiris.....I grind my nakiris convex and distally tapered. Worth noting is that I create a tip so you don't go without just because you prefer a nakiri. ;)

Another one headed off to District Cutlery

This knife has a slightly different handle configuration than I normally make. The front is extended at the top to allow for a more comfortable pinch grip position while the (front) sides have been tapered for the pinch to be used in either that grip style or the fishing pole. Some bling has been added in the way of a teal maple burl spacer and copper/G10 spacers.

The blade has been additionally polished to a "Hi-Shine"

Please see those nice folks at District Cutlery if you're interested in purchasing.

DistrictCutlery4.JPG

Spalted Maple headed my way...I am stoked. Debated on holding out for the 240 but couldn't pass this one up.

That black ash one arrived today but we weren't here to sign now I have to wait until Monday! thats the worst...

Back