SOLD Semi-Custom 240mm MagnaCut Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSicardCutlery

Full-time Knifemaker
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm trying something new, a "build your own gyuto", if you will. Here I have this nice little MagnaCut blade that I completed yesterday, and I'm giving the prospective owner of this knife executive decision making power on how it's finished. Essentially making this a semi-custom. You get to pick the length of the neck, the blade finish, the POB, the handling style and the wood.

If you decide that a 320 grit finish and the "natural" POB is to your liking, and you opt for a plain or burned octagonal wood handle (oak, maple, cherry, walnut, ash) I'm thinking the base price should be $375 U.S (shipped). An upgraded blade finish, or higher grade of wood (ebony, stabilized amboyna, dyed maple burl -and I can get others), a more complex handle (recessed metal front spacer, stone spacers and so on), a specific POB (+/-) 5mm, will be at additional cost.

I just thought this would be something interesting to try here, maybe even fun. I hope you agree?

I'll have more MagnaCut blades coming in the next couple weeks. I've allocated this order of steel for 4x 240mm gyuto and 2x 290mm gyuto, but I could certainly be talked into other blade styles and lengths. It's a great steel to work with, and I will be using it more in the future.

Have an excellent day!

• Blade: 245mmx53mm CPM MagnaCut (63-64 HRC) 320 grit hand finish?
  • Neck: 24.3mmxTBDmm
  • Handle: TBD
  • POB: TBD
  • Spine: 2.8mm at the neck, 2.14mm at 13.5cm, 1.08mm 1cm from the tip
  • Grind: flat to convex, right hand bias
  • Weight: TBD
  • Relieved choil and spine
  • Edge: .1-zero at half way
Base price: $375 U.S shipped+ insured w/signature reqd.

20220512_173802.jpg

20220512_173826.jpg

20220512_173819.jpg

Last edited:
If I hadn’t just purchased 2 of Your knives last month😍this would be top of the list, I am really wanting to feel some magna on the board and stones.
Thankfully the M4 is really hitting the spot.

You need to make it a massdrop group order before people care about picking a handle... ;)

Back