Shapton glass VS pro

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glass, pro or etc for medium grit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i for one would not glue the glass to anything else. the reason to glue stones together is when they get really thin you can still use up all of it. so i'd glue the sp120 to the ss 220.

btw how do you like that 220? i read on fine tools its slower than the naniwa pro 400. is it so?

for my next coarse stone i think i'm gonna get a blue bosch pro hand held belt sander/floor sander. its 300€ but i feel its better than my lidl one for 30€, still gonna use up my lidl belts first. maybe i run out of belts before the sander dies, or maybe the sander dies first, who knows. either way, when one of those 2 things happen i'm getting the bosch one.

i cant even begin to explain how effective the lidl sander is compared to any stone. and its 30 bux, and the belts are 1buck a pop. last for maybe 5-10 minutes. you must use it outside though.

220 SS sucks for sharpening. Super muddy. Good for removing scratches from the blade surface after the SP120. Also good at removing pitting and gnarly patina. It has it's uses, I just don't use it for actual sharpening.

Before:
20200601_120433.jpg

10-15 minutes later:
20200601_121925.jpg

It's a co-workers. Wish he would let me remove the handle. I still got more to go. Just showing what that SS 220 works good at.

Back