Sharpened Cheap Stainless knives :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKH9

Reaction score
These are some cheap ss knives I freehand sharpened for my gf. Stones used > Coarse Silicon Carbide stone & Fine Japanese ceramic oil stone.

Very nice Made in Japan finishing stone, the grit is listed as No.4, but feels like in between medium and fine stone. Cheap stainless becomes aggressively sharp after getting a microbevel with this baby. I use soap water as
lubricant instead of oil.
20210304_212408.jpg20210304_212657.jpg20210304_212647.jpg

Very nice Made in Japan finishing stone, the grit is listed as No.4, but feels like in between medium and fine stone. Cheap stainless becomes aggressively sharp after getting a microbevel with this baby. I use soap water as
lubricant instead of oil.
View attachment 116720View attachment 116719View attachment 116718
That sounds really interesting.

Can you find this stone in an online shop that also ships to Germany / Europe? Do you have a link?

That sounds really interesting.

Can you find this stone in an online shop that also ships to Germany / Europe? Do you have a link?

I got these from my mechanic father who worked for Suzuki company, probably made during 1980's, don't think they are available anymore. Aluminum Oxide, probably the same material as those from Spyderco. I only got 3 pieces, highly valuable to me!

@LKH9 Have you ever used a Norton India stone? This stone looks like it might be closer to an India than a Spyderco.

Back