sharpening a wusthof tourne knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.dmtsharp.com/sharpeners...dia-sharp-diamond-mini-hone-kit-of-c-f-e.htmlI have those small DMT's i use to sharpen garden shears

seen his video he was using a small india stone to sharpen the tourne

do you sharpen tourne knives on your regular stones or what do you do ?
will using those small DMTs worth a try?

If I may, you could get cheap stones like king 1000, kiitayama 8000. They're good performers for the price, and cut bits along the width of the stone for uses like this, your stone will just get shorter overtime

If I may, you could get cheap stones like king 1000, kiitayama 8000. They're good performers for the price, and cut bits along the width of the stone for uses like this, your stone will just get shorter overtime
do you think the small dmt's will work tho ?

what does eco-responsible mean? Do you mean sound feedback?
also why wont it give as keen an edge >
I mean diamond and plastic is high carbon releasing product. Not ecological and ethic really, plus diamond like this just doesnt give a great edge from my experience

I mean diamond and plastic is high carbon releasing product. Not ecological and ethic really, plus diamond like this just doesnt give a great edge from my experience
Diamonds are so hard they wil scratch your bevel deeply and give a toothy edge

if you use a handheld abrasive as the stone he is using it like he does can he raise a burr like that ?
its not edge leading and not edge trailing its along the edge

Back