Quantcast

Sheffield Portland Works

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

steeley

GoogleFu San
Reaction score
That was for you Dave, the history and now the project to keep it around is very interesting and the older gent with the newer knife makers .

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Dave, I agree, but I am looking at the girls and you Are probably looking at the machine of which I don't even know what it is... :)

Stefan

Phip

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent photography. Haven't thought about Sheffield for a couple of decades. Nice reminder.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
That was for you Dave, the history and now the project to keep it around is very interesting and the older gent with the newer knife makers .

I just read up on the whole save the works project, that's really something they're undertaking there.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Reaction score
Sort of like Save Our Heritage here in the states.

WillC

Reaction score
Here is the Portland Works site. It seems they have fought off the developers and are trying to get enough investment to buy the buildings between a group of parties and shareholders in order to keep the place alive for the creative and engineering businesses now using it. Lots of info here.
http://www.portlandworks.co.uk/

Crothcipt

Reaction score
nice shares for a 100 lbs. I as-sum-e that is reasonable in England. May have to budget for a donation.