• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shi.han Banded A2 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@ftermath

Reaction score
This just came in and I’ve been anxiously awaiting its arrival for months. The craftsmanship and the polish are top notch and it’s one of the best knives I’ve held. However, based on in-hand feel I know it’s not a better fit for me than a couple of other knives I currently have. I only keep knives I intend to use regularly and this one is too nice to sit in a box in the closet and go unloved.

Shi.han’s banded A2 with a Sapele handle and polished by Andrew Tarling (Forty Knives). ~240x55mm measured point-to-point. 245 grams. I paid $700 for the knife before the polish. I won’t disclose how much I paid for the polish out of respect for Andrew’s right to quote his own prices and that I know he’s getting a lot of requests for this one right now. I will say that I am asking less than I paid overall and substantially less than it can be had for if you purchased the knife and sent it off for the same polish service now.

Knife is unused and is the knife in the links below.

$925 shipped CONUS

3D18752D-3E7F-42A9-9B28-11A27F50E006.jpeg
20993EB9-663F-4A0F-92CF-FA7D9D871A68.jpeg
8D5C1367-38FA-4499-BEAD-FF5565BBEB56.jpeg

Last edited:
Just curious - did Andrew disclose what progression and what stones he used to attain that level of polish?
I didn’t ask. After Shehan posted the first versions months ago, I asked for the same knife and asked Andrew to give it the same polish.

That polish is insane, I wouldn't want to use it to, you know, chop stuff.

You guys are buggin! I picked one of these up when he first started making them. I’ve pretty much been using only shihan for a while now. They just work for me in a pro setting. My 250 a2 I had shehan make for me has dethroned my 270 ss clad 52100 as my favorite knife. It’s an absolute beast. I’m not into polishing much anymore because these are just tools for me but that polish is awesome. Andrew does phenomenal work and this is an amazing knife. Someone needs to snag this. Wish I could 😂.

Back