• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shibata Tinker Tank

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to get $550 shipped to US. I'll pay first $20usd towards shipping elsewhere.
20211108_114509.jpg
This knife has been used one time. I bought two of them and don't want this beauty to sit in a drawer.

Last edited:
What does a knife like this excel in? Do you use it like a Chinese cleaver or more like a Nakiri?

What does a knife like this excel in? Do you use it like a Chinese cleaver or more like a Nakiri?
More of a cross between a cleaver and a bunka. Shibata has a wait list over a year long. Hundreds of people on the wait-list at knifewear etc. So they are highly sought after. Very interesting knife forged by Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata.

Thinking about it. Was hoping for a cheaper version as this will be a knife taking a lot of punishment in a professional setting.

On the other hand- Shibata is on my list of must haves and I have non of his work… and second this knife is supposed to be the best kiri cleaver on the market.

Someone buy this before my wife uses it as my murder weapon.

Oh, believe me.. if i had the cash to spend I'd do it! I'm too busy trying to sell my knives, but the more I see it.. the more I question lol!

Back