• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Shibata Tinker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

jtodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to get my hands on a Shibata Tinker. I'm interested in shark teeth, sabre teeth, or tank. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

Pie

Reaction score
Knifewear has them on their garage sale site, not always 100% accurate tho. I’d still wake up early on the 8th, if they’re available it’s a hard to find piece.

If other knives and lately stones didn’t keep getting in the way, I’d like a tinker tank myself.

PtownPhil

LIfetime Supporter
Reaction score
If you know a retailer who orders from him is your best chance. Reason why people won't sell because it comes as a set with the sabertooth since they both get the same number. What usually happens is 2 people will pay for it and split which knife they want to keep.

jtodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you know a retailer who orders from him is your best chance. Reason why people won't sell because it comes as a set with the sabertooth since they both get the same number. What usually happens is 2 people will pay for it and split which knife they want to keep.
So the sabretooth, shark tooth, and tank are all a set?

PtownPhil

LIfetime Supporter
Reaction score
So the sabretooth, shark tooth, and tank are all a set?
Sharktooth an Sabretooth is the same knife it should be 180mm filet looking thing. So it is a set of 2 knives for I would say 750 after shipping I would say.

PtownPhil

LIfetime Supporter
Reaction score
My bad. Sabertooth the 180mm boning and the Tinker Tank Cones as a set. The Sharktooth is the deba is sold separate.

jtodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a Tank and a shark teeth Deba. I'm still interested in locating the Sabre Teeth if anyone comes up with a lead, let me know. The waiting list from Shibata directly is over a year long.

Pauldoduy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incorrect they do not come as a set. Saber tooth is similar to a hanging butcher knife shape, shark tooth is a Deba,tank is well a tank lol. I order these often for customers.
Are you sure? This is my set.
Saber - Shark teeth - Tinker Tank
Blacksmith: Ikeda San
Sharpener: Shibata San
Steel: Aogami Super kurouchi finishing
Cladding: Stainless Steel

24F17B7F-5247-4477-8C08-6F49589350B2.jpeg
5CE589E7-6771-496A-89DF-0B70356ADA9B.jpeg
E3EFE7BE-753F-47EC-95F5-2C4E5FE396F7.jpeg

Jovidah

Reaction score
That sabre tooth (first one) looks like a potentially very interesting butcher / meat trimming knife. Nice profile.

Whetted_edge

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I am 110% sure , point 1. Yours are all different dates . Point 2 they are all diffrent batch numbers. I have order them in matched sets before but unless requested they don't come that way. I assume you bought these individually on diffrent days.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I just used one of those giant knives another chef had at work like the tinker tank. Now I’m on the hunt too!

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are these knives classified as? Like Sakai Takayuki has those one by Togashi?

What do we call these or classify as?