• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Shibata Tinker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knifewear has them on their garage sale site, not always 100% accurate tho. I’d still wake up early on the 8th, if they’re available it’s a hard to find piece.

If other knives and lately stones didn’t keep getting in the way, I’d like a tinker tank myself.

If you know a retailer who orders from him is your best chance. Reason why people won't sell because it comes as a set with the sabertooth since they both get the same number. What usually happens is 2 people will pay for it and split which knife they want to keep.

If you know a retailer who orders from him is your best chance. Reason why people won't sell because it comes as a set with the sabertooth since they both get the same number. What usually happens is 2 people will pay for it and split which knife they want to keep.
So the sabretooth, shark tooth, and tank are all a set?

I found a Tank and a shark teeth Deba. I'm still interested in locating the Sabre Teeth if anyone comes up with a lead, let me know. The waiting list from Shibata directly is over a year long.

Incorrect they do not come as a set. Saber tooth is similar to a hanging butcher knife shape, shark tooth is a Deba,tank is well a tank lol. I order these often for customers.
Are you sure? This is my set.
Saber - Shark teeth - Tinker Tank
Blacksmith: Ikeda San
Sharpener: Shibata San
Steel: Aogami Super kurouchi finishing
Cladding: Stainless Steel

24F17B7F-5247-4477-8C08-6F49589350B2.jpeg
5CE589E7-6771-496A-89DF-0B70356ADA9B.jpeg
E3EFE7BE-753F-47EC-95F5-2C4E5FE396F7.jpeg

That sabre tooth (first one) looks like a potentially very interesting butcher / meat trimming knife. Nice profile.

Yes I am 110% sure , point 1. Yours are all different dates . Point 2 they are all diffrent batch numbers. I have order them in matched sets before but unless requested they don't come that way. I assume you bought these individually on diffrent days.

Back