Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah, I resisted, I resisted, then I thought stuff it. It'll be my Christmas pressie to myself. Only my wife can't know. My wife really mustn't know. Maybe I can camouflage it behind my Mizuno. Or the Kamo. Arghhhh.....

FINALLY.

Interesting that it comes through on paypal as Huckleberry Vintage Fishing Supply.

If this works then Tanner won't have to lock up his 240 any more.

Thanks for the heads up here, I placed an order too... somewhat hard to believe he'd have two or three of these to sell, but worth the try!

Interesting that it comes through on paypal as Huckleberry Vintage Fishing Supply.

If you look at the very bottom of the product page in tiny print starting with "Copyright" You see Huckleberry Vintage Supply. I wondered about that too. Must be an inside joke.

This makes 6 sold just right here on this thread. Wonder how many they originally had in stock? Maksim only got five total last time on his site. My worst fear is it was a computer glitch and I get an email saying "no we never had any".

I came close myself. For that price that's a no brainer. Already was figuring what to sell to fund this. But then I saw that several had sold already. And even though I was able to put one in the cart and checkout through PayPal, I bailed. I hope there's enough to cover you guys, but that seems odd to me. Especially at that price!
Plus, I really didn't want to sell anything so...

In fact, I just changed my quantity to 8 in the checkout cart and it still said in stock. Hmmm. Me thinks a few are getting a Shig and a few are getting refunds...

If you look at the very bottom of the product page in tiny print starting with "Copyright" You see Huckleberry Vintage Supply. I wondered about that too. Must be an inside joke.

This makes 6 sold just right here on this thread. Wonder how many they originally had in stock? Maksim only got five total last time on his site. My worst fear is it was a computer glitch and I get an email saying "no we never had any".

this would blow!

Just got off the phone with Aframes and he had just one. He said he had a total of 9 orders over the evening and it sending refunds now.

In fact, I just changed my quantity to 8 in the checkout cart and it still said in stock. Hmmm. Me thinks a few are getting a Shig and a few are getting refunds...

Had a feeling this might be the case. But then, you gotta be in it to win it right? Not that a $665 refund would be the worst thing in the world either.

Just got off the phone with Aframes and he had just one. He said he had a total of 9 orders over the evening and it sending refunds now.

Can't help but feel that's a bit of a school boy error and he's got a lot of peoples hopes up.

Can't help but feel that's a bit of a school boy error and he's got a lot of peoples hopes up.

He's probably thinking, god, if only I could get about 2 dozen of these and not just one it'd be profit city.

I even had a go. I tried upping the quantity as high as possible (15, seems there's a $10,000 limit on orders which I've never explored) and this made me just a little suspicious that something's amiss.

I kinda wanted a Kitaeji before, but now that I've submitted a cart for one I REALLLY REALLY want one...the hunt is on.

I just went for it because of the price, which you'd be hard-pressed to get from a connected seller in Japan so why not. Otherwise I wouldn't have. But will, ahem, feel just a little guilty if I end up with it ahead of the masses.

Realize this month. So many 240mm kitaji Gyuto on sale in different website. Just a little bit weird. Where is the 210mm kitaji !!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd probably rather have a 210 too. Alas, yes, I just received the refund too:

Notes from merchant
None provided

Refund for me too... not remotely surprised though.

I would have thought he'd have a comment, but nope. Oh well, will have to keep looking.

Sorry everyone.:(
If I had known I wouldn't have gotten hopes up. I'll post if I ever see any again.

Oh well, was just an impulse buy - easy come, easy go..... Thanks for the heads up HomeCook anyway.

Well RATS!

Oh well, the hunt continues. If whoever got it starts to experience buyers remorse, shoot me a line lol.

Seems to be a plethora more shigs on rakuten recently showed up. No pics and descriptions dont help. (octopus pulling anyone?) Just type shigefusa in search. Have fun! ps ive bought a few times from rakuten with no problems but not from this particular store....

Yeah saw those on Rakuten, reckon it's a sh*tload of takobikis (octopus pulling)

The original page said in Japanese that they are custom orders, which will take at least 6 months to deliver. Btw They are made by shigefusa but go under the brand KIYA

Back