Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish. Though if you have a question about Shigs prices, you can always ask me, I keep track of them.
Do you sell them as well? Or are you just a keen collector- admired your collection on Instagram

My one

IMG_0537.jpg

For those dying for a Shig, here are a few available. I posted this earlier, the first site is an offshoot of aframestokyo:

http://easttowestshoppe.com/shigefusa-240mm-kitaeji-yanagiba-wa-handle/
Crappiest T&C's for a retail store I have seen. Errrm No thanks.

Once, it leaves the US, it's out of my hands and control. I will provide the tracking number but the buyer will have to take it from there.

All SALES ARE FINAL, no exchange, return or cancellation accepted. Buyer can ask for more photos if needed but I will not be responsible for damages or lost after the item has shipped. This is why I will insure and need a recipient signature for delivery. Thank you for understanding.

Errrm No thanks
Once, it leaves the US, it's out of my hands and control. I will provide the tracking number but the buyer will have to take it from there.

All SALES ARE FINAL, no exchange, return or cancellation accepted. Buyer can ask for more photos if needed but I will not be responsible for damages or lost after the item has shipped. This is why I will insure and need a recipient signature for delivery. Thank you for understanding.
Yeah, you pointed that out before.

JNS has Shigs and Kato regularly available - in the last 4-5 months, I got the following from JNS
2 Shig Kitaeji - 210 and 270
2 Shig Kasumi - 240 and 270
2 Kato WH K tip 240 and 210

Just follow his Instagram and you will land one I assure you.

Do I need a fuguhiki? Maybe not... Wish those gyuto were kitaeji.

holy C$%#, I actually was able to add a SHig Kasumi Gyoto in 210 to my cart...only to delete it as I got lucky with the Massdrop Dalman Honyaki and could never convince anyone (including myself) that I need 3 different 210 Gyoto's

Damn- missed em! Why'd he have to put them up at 1am Japan time hehe.

And its not even a kitaeji

yeah but at least a Shig has a level of fit and finish that's acceptable at its price point. granted it's not exactly a deal, but it's at least in the realm of "yeah ok".

Shigefusa might be expensive but they are overall well sorted. I have, though, always thought it was a shame that you tend to see ho wood handles on them. Sort of like cheap tires on a Ferrari, IMO

Maxim should source some burnt chestnut instead, again only IMO. Good impact resistance and grip while wet, and looks so much nicer.

yeah but at least a Shig has a level of fit and finish that's acceptable at its price point. granted it's not exactly a deal, but it's at least in the realm of "yeah ok".

Shigefusa might be expensive but they are overall well sorted. I have, though, always thought it was a shame that you tend to see ho wood handles on them. Sort of like cheap tires on a Ferrari, IMO

Maxim should source some burnt chestnut instead, again only IMO. Good impact resistance and grip while wet, and looks so much nicer.
From what I hear his supplier of chestnut handles is the problem. He has an open order. I hear mixed things about Shig grinds, with Ku needing as much work as a poor TF. The Kasumi also having its issues. Kitaeji and Yo handled Shigs seem to be a safer bet.

Back