Quantcast

Shig. Kasumi DIY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ma_sha1

Reaction score
I don’t like controversy, but controversy seems to follow me around some how.

Just to put some of your minds at ease, It’s not my first time cutting up a Shig., it’ll be OK, I promise :)

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Think you’re missing @M1k3’s point, mate. He’s explaining that people sometimes are not joking.

Edit: Sorry, aussies. Am I allowed to say mate? Don’t wanna appropriate your culture.
Thats OK mate, we Brits are not offended. Can't speak for the Aussie contingent tho

Corradobrit1

Reaction score

Just to put some of your minds at ease, It’s not my first time cutting up a Shig., it’ll be OK, I promise :)
Woah we have a serial Jknife abuser in our midst. Bring me my Shigefusa kitaeji pitchfork.

M1k3

Aiyeh
Reaction score
Think you’re missing @M1k3’s point, mate. He’s explaining that people sometimes are not joking.

Edit: Sorry, aussies. Am I allowed to say mate? Don’t wanna appropriate your culture.
Fair dinkum.

Jville

Reaction score
*** :oops: :oops:... I am simatanously very intrigued and slightly disturbed. I really like shig nakiris, but I still find this project refreshing in some way. The op has balls for sure. See what all you nakiri haters made him do 🤣. Nah, he beats to his own 🥁, rock man. Let's see what you can create.

DitmasPork

Reaction score

What was the other Shig you altered? Got pics?

ma_sha1

Reaction score
*** :oops: :oops:... I am simatanously very intrigued and slightly disturbed. I really like shig nakiris, but I still find this project refreshing in some way. The op has balls for sure. See what all you nakiri haters made him do 🤣. Nah, he beats to his own 🥁, rock man. Let's see what you can create.
Thanks,

I don’t use Nakiri, bought this knife for the sole purpose of making my own 180 Shig. Kasumi

DitmasPork

Reaction score
The other one I did earlier this year was 165mm Shig Santoku KU to Shig. Funayuki Nashiji.

View attachment 88334
TBH, that’s not a bad looking knife, good skills you have! However, I would hesitate to ever call that a Shig—knife has been altered to far from what the blacksmith intended to be called a Shig. I’d consider that a ‘Ma_Sha1 Knife.’

Jville

Reaction score
TBH, that’s not a bad looking knife, good skills you have! However, I would hesitate to ever call that a Shig—knife has been altered to far from what the blacksmith intended to be called a Shig. I’d consider that a ‘Ma_Sha1 Knife.’
Yup, every knife maker has to get there steel from somewhere.

Luftmensch

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of it... i'll take it off your hands for a fair price.

Im with the camp in this thread that wonders why you would do it to a Shig? I am all for DIY fun... but surely you could have just as much fun using a generic, cheaper nakiri

Latest posts