Shig. Kasumi DIY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does it compare in terms of cutting performance to its original nakiri form?

I somehow missed this thread between all the Jose posts and this is way more entertaining. Puts my hesitation to do a little thinning work on a Mazaki into perspective... :p

Sorry, the only thing I cut with the Nakiri was my table saw, & it lost 😜

Sorry, the only thing I cut with the Nakiri was my table saw, & it lost 😜
fight-club-felt-like-destroying-something-beautiful.gif

Not even a little test cut? Afraid you'd get attached and not have the heart to butcher it?

None, I am a Gyuto guy, no interest in Gyuto with a broken front end or Chinese Cleaver with it’s bottom half missing 🤭

Last edited:
So basically ma Sha, it almost chops as good as a shig nakiri :).

It could be, but you’ll never know 😂.

Growing up with Chinese Cleaver, i can’t stomach a cleaver with the bottom half missing 😱

Curren knives are all gyutos, who needs a gyuto with the entire front end gone? 🤣

It could be, but you’ll never know 😂.

Growing up with Chinese Cleaver, i can’t stomach a cleaver with the bottom half missing 😱

Curren knives are all gyutos, who needs a gyuto with the entire front end gone? 🤣
Oh, I know 😉.

I just wanna say I really respect you @ma_sha1 for doing what you clearly planned to do and not caring too much about people telling you you're wrong. And also to say I find what you did to the Shig ballsy in just the right kind of way. Every evening this week I open KKF just to see this one thread (along with unpopular opinions sometimes). Cheers and have fun

Thanks, but I am not selling this knife, too much work had gone into it, & especially after I just gave it a nickname: The Workdonkey!

I am emotionally attached, my very first DIY knife that had earned a nick name 😘

I am selling other knives to create a spot for workdonkey in my knife block.

Back