SOLD Shig, Watanabe, Wakui, Yoshikane...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbusby1

Reaction score
and more price drops to hopefully save me multiple post office trips...

Watanabe $300

Wakui $200

Runner_up

Reaction score
Wow $200 for that Wakui is a screaming deal. I took delivery of a 270mm wakui gyuto this week and they are really good knives.

Reaction score

From Left to Right in above photo:

Watanabe Pro 210mm Deba LEFT-HANDED. $380
Watanabe-Choil

Yoshikane SKD hammered stainless 240mm gyuto. Best performing gyuto I own. $260
Yoshikane Profile2
Yoshikane Choil

Wakui Kasumi/Migaki 270mm gyuto. Comes with a custom balsa friction-fit saya I handmade. $240
Wakui-Choil

Kurosaki AS 270mm gyuto. Removed the KU long ago, now has something inbetween nashiji & kasumi finish. I scratched up the handle a bit with coarse sandpaper so that it has better friction and is less slippery (see pic). Also have thinned the grind a good bit, especially towards the tip. Rounded all rough edges on spine & choil as well. $235
Kurosaki Cladding2
Kurosaki Choil
Watanabe-Choil

Shigefusa 300mm Kasumi Yanagiba LEFT-HANDED. Arrived in mail with the very tip chipped off, super minor, I can sharpen this out if you would like. Used only twice briefly. $825
Shig-Choil

All knives I keep thin and sharp and are all amazing cutters (I got rid of any mediocre knives many years ago). All prices include shipping CONUS (if you get more than one I can take $10 off for the grouped shipping). If you would like me to make a custom friction fit saya for any of the knives it's $25 for balsa, $32 for basswood. Thanks for looking!
Hi, still available thé 270 kurosaki ?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh why does this WTS always get bumped back! That Shig just taunts me...

nothing against you Dervaux, it’s not your fault it’s not clear if everything is sold, I don’t know either. But the fact there’s a sub $900 lefty Shigefusa on here gives me hemorrhoids lol

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Every time this makes it to "What's New" I have to look up the Wat to remind myself why I haven't bought it. Lefties.

wbusby1

Reaction score
Watanabe $300
Wakui $190, someone pointed out that EpicureanEdge lowered their price on this since I purchased it 2 years ago so I'm dropping the price even more to stick with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.