• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shig, Watanabe, Wakui, Yoshikane...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and more price drops to hopefully save me multiple post office trips...

Watanabe $300

Wakui $200

Wow $200 for that Wakui is a screaming deal. I took delivery of a 270mm wakui gyuto this week and they are really good knives.

From Left to Right in above photo:

Watanabe Pro 210mm Deba LEFT-HANDED. $380
Watanabe-Choil

Yoshikane SKD hammered stainless 240mm gyuto. Best performing gyuto I own. $260
Yoshikane Profile2
Yoshikane Choil

Wakui Kasumi/Migaki 270mm gyuto. Comes with a custom balsa friction-fit saya I handmade. $240
Wakui-Choil

Kurosaki AS 270mm gyuto. Removed the KU long ago, now has something inbetween nashiji & kasumi finish. I scratched up the handle a bit with coarse sandpaper so that it has better friction and is less slippery (see pic). Also have thinned the grind a good bit, especially towards the tip. Rounded all rough edges on spine & choil as well. $235
Kurosaki Cladding2
Kurosaki Choil
Watanabe-Choil

Shigefusa 300mm Kasumi Yanagiba LEFT-HANDED. Arrived in mail with the very tip chipped off, super minor, I can sharpen this out if you would like. Used only twice briefly. $825
Shig-Choil

All knives I keep thin and sharp and are all amazing cutters (I got rid of any mediocre knives many years ago). All prices include shipping CONUS (if you get more than one I can take $10 off for the grouped shipping). If you would like me to make a custom friction fit saya for any of the knives it's $25 for balsa, $32 for basswood. Thanks for looking!
Hi, still available thé 270 kurosaki ?

Ugh why does this WTS always get bumped back! That Shig just taunts me...

nothing against you Dervaux, it’s not your fault it’s not clear if everything is sold, I don’t know either. But the fact there’s a sub $900 lefty Shigefusa on here gives me hemorrhoids lol

Every time this makes it to "What's New" I have to look up the Wat to remind myself why I haven't bought it. Lefties.

Watanabe $300
Wakui $190, someone pointed out that EpicureanEdge lowered their price on this since I purchased it 2 years ago so I'm dropping the price even more to stick with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back