Shigefusa email list

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forums here, I've been trying to track down a Shig kitaeji gyuto knife for quite some time to no avail and am now trying to do everything I can to maximize my efforts. I've heard musings about an email list regarding availability; I wasn't sure which forum to inquire so I thought I would put it out here in general.

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hi everyone,

New to the forums here, I've been trying to track down a Shig kitaeji gyuto knife for quite some time to no avail and am now trying to do everything I can to maximize my efforts. I've heard musings about an email list regarding availability; I wasn't sure which forum to inquire so I thought I would put it out here in general.

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

If you're willing to pay secondary market price, you could probably find one today on BST by posting a WTB.

240mm - Sorry I should have specified. I will post in WTB when able, some restrictions with new users (50 posts/1 month). Thanks for the advice though!

Mike

240mm - Sorry I should have specified. I will post in WTB when able, some restrictions with new users (50 posts/1 month). Thanks for the advice though!

Mike
No problem man, you are always welcome.
When you post in BST, you might want to clarify if you are looking for Wa handle gyuto or Yo handle gyuto as well.
Those two come in very different prices and rarity.
Good luck!

What is it about the Shig that you find desirable? BTW, pretty sure no one uses a list...glwp.

Good question, it's a combination of things. A colleague of mine has one; I think personally, its the most beautiful knife I've seen. I've been loosely looking for one for well over a year without much avail. Part of it is the exclusivity and the process of hunting one down, that you can't go online and find it at a shop. Seemingly ever. Also, it cuts amongst the best of which I've seen.

Mike

As I understand the forum rules the 50 post rules applies only to sell and trade. Buying (WTB) are fine with lower post count.

You can buy, but can't start a WTB thread. Infact this thread is tiptoeing around the rules and is starting to sound like a WTB thread.

you should religiously follow the BST threads (half serious). shig kitaeji is posted almost at least once a month. also, I second barclid's post. it's really just dependent on your budget. if you offered 2k for a wa kitaeji 210, I'm sure you could find one fairly quickly. But good luck finding one for 1k (which is prob the more "retail" price).

I'd recommend just have a hard budget set so when you see something appear you can immediately know whether or not to pull the trigger.

For your viewing pleasure, Shig wearing MHenry & Marko.

IMG_20200211_154652.jpg

Back