Shigefusa gyuto profile

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzion

Reaction score
Are different vendors selling different profiles? I noticed 210 at jww is only 45mm tall, where other places are listing them at 48 to 50mm. Also have people seen 255mm gyutos with 48mm heel?

Yeah they just make whatever the hell they feel like making.
I don’t think the profile changes to much from knife to knife, but weight and height sure do.

Maybe have a look at kitaeji.com

Thanks for the referral Spipet!

You asked about length, in my Shigefusa data set I have 181 gyuto sales recorded, broken down by length as such:

As was noted above, Shigefusa tends to under- and oversize their knives. In my personal collection the length varies between -8% to +6%, meaning, a knife sold as 300mm can be 'small' as 277mm, or 'large' as 312mm. Keep in mind, many folks have different ways of measuring

Also, sizes such as 188, or 215 were/are/tend to be sold by JWW.

For blade height, as Spipet said, check my website as i recorded detailed sizes on all the knives.

Yup, I checked out your website and it's very informative. Most of your knives are pretty tall. I picked one up recently that I thought the dimensions were unusual, but from the responses here seems like it's quite normal.

Back