• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shigefusa Kasumi 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
Up for sale is my unicorn that obtained for review, see my review here:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/review-shigefusa-210mm-kasumi-vs-tf-toyama.45454/

I was picky, passed on a few opportunities during my unicorn hunt on Shig Kasumi 210 for either too short, 212mm or two long, 227mm or too low profile 45/46mm etc.. I was picky. I wanted something close to 215/216 mm the classic length of Shig. 210 to avoid reviewing an odd ball.

This Shig 210 Kasumi is perfect in geometry, 48mm tall, 217mm long & weight in at 167g.
It came to me as new, but has some very minor hairline scuff marks although, they are too minor to show by my iPhone photo but visible in person.

not BN but near new with the blue box.
I tested it for the review, cut with carrot, potato & celery, total about 10 min use, no meat no hard veggies no patina. Not being sharpened.

asking $750 + shipping, US only.
Willing to trade for Kato & Marko 210 only for my future reviews.

more pic & review can be seen in the link above.

gTip2Jb.jpg

ugJxhSM.jpg

lKbgy2w.jpg

Enjoy & let’s us know how you feel about it.
It has a low bevel grind, which helps with food release but not a s-grind like some others mentioned.

I think thinning can made it beat Toyama, but likely reduce the value because it’ll be hard to get back to the Shig. level of finish quality.

Back