• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Shigefusa Kasumi 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seqmt

Reaction score
I'm looking at moving my Shigefusa Kasumi Gyuto. Ideally I'm looking to trade for a Raquin, The9, HF or Yanick but open to other interesting Western or Japanese makers too. Would prefer something around 240mm.

Specs of the Shig:
Edge length - 228mm
Height at the heel - 47mm
Weight - 163g

It is used but in amazing condition. I have sharpened it once and cleaned the patina off once. It currently has a patina. I'll get some photos uploaded shortly.

What you got?!

If I recall correctly, trade value is no longer a requirement.
Indeed. That's why I said "it would be great", not "you have to...".
So, again, it would be great for the transparancy of negotiations (and why not - the legitimacy of this forum) the trader to mention his/her trade value. But yes - it is not obligatory.

So, again, it would be great for the transparancy of negotiations (and why not - the legitimacy of this forum) the trader to mention his/her trade value. But yes - it is not obligatory.

I'm taking some new photos as we speak. These will be uploaded in the next hour or so. As for trade value, I'm a bit out of the loop of how much these are selling for these days. Let me have a think on that one.

I wasn't having a go at you, I just wanted to make it clear to the OP that he was under no obligation in case he was unawares, since things haven't always been that way.

I'm not sure there's a question of legitimacy or transparency. He clearly values it at around the price that those custom makers cost (which is $500-$800 give or take).

But I digress. Good luck with the trade, OP.

a4V7QGy.jpg
IZIW6uP.jpg
gWAixvn.jpg
eVRzhXE.jpg
DBZC68P.jpg
nHxOl9X.jpg
8bw7CxH.jpg
wF5eHRy.jpg

I hope you can get a good indication of the quality of the knife above. All the images are unedited apart from boosting the exposure in Lightroom. There is a section on the back of the blade were there was/is a tiny rust spot. This occurred during transit to me. I wasn't too bothered and intended on polishing this blade anyway. I haven't had time to commit to polishing yet but I did remove most of it with fingerstones when I cleaned the patina off last.

If you want any more photos of any specific areas of the blade, please let me know!

I have had a few nice offers for this knife, but I will keep my options open for a bit to see what else people have available.

Like to see a choil shot.

As requested!

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_161012.jpg
    IMG_20200715_161012.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Back