• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Shigefusa Kitaeji Knives : Deba, Gyuto, Nakiri, Santoku, Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Hope you and your loved ones are doing well in this pandemic!

These knives will never be used, only placed inside a display case, in my collection room, next to my JNats, several other knives,
Surrounded by armed monkeys, behind a drawbridge and moat filled with sharks with lasers and shoot bees out of their mouths!
They'll basically go to a good home, placed next to their many other ancestors :D

I’m looking for the following knives to add to my collection:

Shigefusa – Kitaeji – Preferably with Kiri box – Saya Not Required
Unused condition or BNIB

Deba 165mm – 180mm
Gyuto 210mm – 240mm
Nakiri 165mm +
Santoku 165mm +
Yanagiba 270mm – 300mm

If you're interested in trades, I have the following available:

Tsukasa Hinoura
River Jump
Rainbow damascus

I’ll pay your reasonable asking price, extra if you have more than one listed.
More if all bundled up to save me time on searching.
Ping me if you got one 😊v

Thanks for stopping by!

Can you tell me the difference between unused condition and BNIB?

Sure, to answer your question.
It depends on how the owner perceives it, wanted to check all the boxes in the event off-topic questions are asked.

Unused (Opened, held, stared at)
BNIB (Never opened)
Never Touched Food or Stones
Sits collect dust

How shall I reword it to appeal to the masses?

Sure, to answer your question.
It depends on how the owner perceives it, wanted to check all the boxes in the event off-topic questions are asked.

Unused (Opened, held, stared at)
BNIB (Never opened)
Never Touched Food or Stones
Sits collect dust

How shall I reword it to appeal to the masses?

Based on your definitions, I don’t think BNIB is applicable to high end knives. Most high end knives do not come in a sealed prepackaged box or packaging. I can understand for collectibles like toys, etc where unopened is a big thing.

I would doubt there are any “untouched” knives out there that isn’t mass produced.
If you’re spending that kind of money, you want to hold it up (by the handle) and inspect the condition as they are all hand made and even the best makers have duds or knives with issues

Latest posts

Back