• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Shigefusa Nakiri KU, Gesshin Hide 240 gyuto, Gesshin Heiji 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecrphoto

Reaction score
All prices exclude shipping but include Paypal - shipping available worldwide just let me know the location and we can split it.

Shigefusa Nakiri 165MM KU, this knife is stupid sharp, has a slight knick on the tip that was there from the previous owner, I didn't want to loose the cutting edge to repair the tip of the knife which isn't about tip work so just left it there and it's priced accordingly. A bit of patina but this wasn't used much, home kitchen prep on an end grain board of some onions and carrots was about the extent of it! W/ original blue box.
$273

Phase_Experiments95191 by evan, on Flickr

Phase_Experiments95187 by evan, on Flickr

Tip
Phase_Experiments95189 by evan, on Flickr

Gesshin Hide 240mm carbon clad blue #2. This was an earlier Gesshin Hide, when they were made a bit thicker and with more belly, and Matus among other forum guys have since had the knife, thinned it down a bit, and made it into a really nice knife to work with. Have just been favoring my 210mm gyutos lately so this needs to go to a home where it'll get use. W/ box.
$343

CF048756 by evan, on Flickr

CF048757 by evan, on Flickr

CF048758 by evan, on Flickr
CF048760 by evan, on Flickr

Next up a gorgeous Gesshin Heiji 240mm Semi Stainless Wa-Gyuto. Got this knife in a trade and the semi stainless is really fantastic on this.I received in the trade after somebody had sent it to JKI for the knife spa treatment, and didn't want to mess up that treatment - so chopped one onion, wiped it, and back in the box. (sorry the lighting wasn't as good on these shots, in a hurry to make dinner)
$333 SOLD

Phase_Experiments95193 by evan, on Flickr
Phase_Experiments95195 by evan, on Flickr
Phase_Experiments95200 1 by evan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Selling a heji and a hide? BLASPHEMER!

The shige on the other hand is totaley understandable [emoji16]

Jon won't be too mad at me, it's because I'm so in love with my Kagekiyo!

AND just like that, Heiji is SPF!

As always, JKI sold knives are considered vetted by whatever standard you wish. Love my kagekiuo, kochi, heiji, gengetsu, and several other lines I have gotten from them. They are also my far my biggest source for gifted or recommended knives.

Trying out an En and have been impressed so far.

Correct - just the lighting - it's polished! Hide & Shig still available.

Back