• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shigehiro 270

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@ftermath

Reaction score
Catch and release. I loved the 240 version of this that I had and I thought I wanted a 270 but I was mistaken. This one is just too big for me. I'm not sure if it has been used or not but doesn't look like it. As a bonus, it has a crazy nice ferrule. Pics in the original link are better than mine so I've stolen them for a quick look in this thread (hope the originator doesn't mind). Original sale thread said it was 51mm but it was always 49mm. $350 Shipped CONUS.

Original sale thread WTS - Big gyutos: Shigehiro, Kemadi bulat, Nigara

Steel: Shirogami/White #2 with iron cladding
Heel-to-tip length: 258mm
Heel height: 49mm
Weight: 252gm
PXL_20220327_142443762.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220327_142453477.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220327_142505823.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these and leave it at my parents house. At this price I almost need to buy a second 😅

I know the current zeitgeist is taller knives, but this knife just handles so well for its size I’ve never missed the extra height. Even with big hands (6’5” can easily palm a basketball), I’ve never come close to being worried about board clearance. Grind on these is really excellent and fit and finish very good too - look at how nicely the blade flows into that bangin’ ferrule!

Makes me sad when knives this nice just languish in BST

Back