• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shihan 260 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakneker

Reaction score
C20C7856-8D1D-44A7-901D-9785F801D056.jpeg 43EEFFD0-DFAE-46CE-8910-0B7FEDB5CC05.jpeg D973B1D1-9865-4918-9FD2-2FE16C5CBBF8.jpeg 71FB512E-C0DA-443A-A4AD-EFB5A1724604.jpeg

I had this up a couple of months ago, gonna give it another run. It’s a Shihan 260x60 gyuto in W2 with wrought iron cladding, the knife weighs 270 grams. This is a great performer, lots of fun to use. I’m selling this and a couple others, I have too many coming in and not enough going out. I’ll be elk hunting the next four days and will answer messages in the evening, thanks for looking.

I paid 650.0 new, I’m asking 500.00 shipped priority conus.

Last edited:
Thanks Big D, my wife has the tag and she does a great job, she harvested six elk to Date and loves the meat. Can’t get too much more organic than that, and I get to butcher them

I use to, had quite a few hides tanned over the years but I haven’t recently. We hunt a nasty canyon that most people won’t venture in and when we connect we call some friends and debone it and pack it out, elk hides are surprisingly heavy before being fleshed so they usually don’t get packed out. If we get one closer to the truck we do.

When I was a kid in Alberta, welders in the oil patch and plumbers who used to used molten lead to join cast iron pipes especially prized Elk skin jackets and gauntlets. As I recall the Elk skin was much lighter and pliable than deer skin.
Interesting. I’ve used deer skin for motorcycle gloves most of my time spent riding, it does a great job. I did have an elk skin jacket made, it lasted many years, very nice stuff. I think a lot of it is how it’s tanned, my jackets came apart years later because of poor tan job.

Of course the welders and plumbers loved it because of its ability to protect from welding slag and molten lead. Same thing applied to deerskin but Elk was considered the best as I recall.

Btw ... I have the mate to your Shi-Han. Great knife at a great price ... the new owner is going to love it.

Of course the welders and plumbers loved it because of its ability to protect from welding slag and molten lead. Same thing applied to deerskin but Elk was considered the best as I recall.

Btw ... I have the mate to your Shi-Han. Great knife at a great price ... the new owner is going to love it.
Elk is great for leather for sure. I agree the new owner is in for a treat, Shihan does a great job!

No worries. Great guy to work with and great knives!

Back