• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Shihan gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve only had this knife for less than 7 days and I’m thinking about parting with it.
It is a custom profile that offers plenty of flat spot but still enough up sweep close to the tip for moderate rocking whenever necessary.
Blade should measure out 248mm x 55(maybe 56mm) at 231 grams.
The reason im letting it go is because I feel the grind would make more sense for a right handed person and I’m a lefty.
Paid $568 (shipping included)
Asking $520 shipping included.
Thanks

My phone is archaic, hopefully these pics capture what I’m talking about with regards to right handed knife.
03E5DEE7-82F1-4ECE-B606-C691D4970D2B.jpeg
4DEE379B-6A4D-48F5-ADFE-D577E22B565B.jpeg
50ADD79B-90B3-4D1B-8D38-4FB8093B2F93.jpeg
7D6150D8-F3F2-43CC-A961-F2D64F85D469.jpeg
87161A5E-65BC-4AF2-B005-3FD71A34D85C.jpeg

That's a no from me dog, as a lefty. Hope a normal hander enjoys it.

How hard had you been sharping it on stone to fit your left hand use ? Or just some touch up ?

Thx

Given that it's a week old, one imagines that the grind is unchanged...

I was ogling this in the other thread earlier, trying to get myself psyched up to request a custom with a similar profile. However, now that it's an option rather than a fantasy, I remember I have no money. :)

What a lovely knife, GLWS.

Aww man that grind is sexy. I assume the food release is great(for righties)

A 270mm watanabe/Toyama, heiji Carbon 240-270mm, mizuno blue dx 1, these would all be great.
But I’m keeping an open mind and would like to hear offers for anything that’s carbon.

imagine ordering a custom and they give you opposite geometry of what you asked for, what an embarrassment.. this custom was based on the profile of my custom mario which has the most perfect profile. who ever this goes to should be really happy. i'm disappointed i dont get to give this a spin first. hehe

Don’t worry about the pic on my account. After a few drinks, I’ve been trying to convince myself that buying this is a good idea, despite not having any money, but sanity has returned. A confirmation that it was blade heavy is all I was looking for anyway.

4 yrs is the new 2 yrs when it comes to phones. I used to upgrade all the time but it’s not as necessary anymore.

Thanks for the pic. That’s an aggressive balance for sure!

Back