• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shinko Kurokumo R2 Damascus 270mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the excellent Shinko Kurokumo R2 Damascus 270mm for sale.
If Shibata had a taller prettier sister, this would be it.

Edge is 265mm.
HRC 63.
The spine is 2.6mm tapering to 1.2mm.
58mm height.
Weight listed is 260ish grams, I have no scales that can verify this .. feels lighter in hand.
Vert nice K&S handle with "marble' horn, one side is tan, the other has darker streaks.
Damascus needs to be appreciated in person.
Nicely rounded spine.
The balance is on the pinch grip.
Maintained on 6k stone and a strop, though rarely since I'm smaller knives fab right now.

Currently listed for a, frankly, silly $606 on K&S. Don't know what happened to prices, it was $400 just few months ago.
https://www.knivesandstones.com.au/products/shinko-kurokumo-r2-damascus-gyuto-270mm-by-shiro-kamo
Asking $310

Selling because I'm smaller knives fab right now.

Pics, there's a scratch that I was trying to highlight, but it's tough with this crazy damascus.

Shinko 6.jpg

Shinko 5.jpg

Shinko 1.jpg

Shinko 2.jpg

Shinko 3.jpg

Shinko 4.jpg

Crazy price on the Aus sight! Wow. Its still $355 on the NY sight with a lesser handle, which makes your price still a great deal. GLWS.

Oof that's a beautiful blade. Love the horn too. GLWS

I have the 240 version. It accompanied me for a couple of years in the kitchen. Very good performer and good looking.

Good luck

Back