• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Shiraki 240mm Honyaki Mt. Fujiyama Full Moon Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gloom

Reaction score
Purchased both this and a crescent moon from Duy Pham and decided that I do not need both so am letting this one go. Knife is still BNIB with protective coating (marks are on the vinyl coating).

Shiraki 240mm Wide Bevel Mt. Fujiyama Honyaki White 2 (Full Moon)
Looking for exactly what I paid - $1,200 shipped CONUS

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be more than glad to help.

Full.JPG
Front.JPG
Back.JPG
Grind.JPG
Top.JPG

Need to get this sold so let's go $1,150 shipped. Still BNIB and below what retail was on these if you were lucky enough to even find one available.

Stunning can’t stop looking at it. Forcing myself to hold ball lol. GLWS!!

Thanks it really is a stunning piece! I have to keep telling myself that I don't need two of them :p. Someone will be extremely happy with this knife.

Is there some pigment painted on the blade, above the blade road, that shows a mountain and a full moon? I thought the silhouette was supposed to be polished harmon between HRC differing metal?

Is there some pigment painted on the blade, above the blade road, that shows a mountain and a full moon? I thought the silhouette was supposed to be polished harmon between HRC differing metal?

What do you mean by pigment painted on? The mountain is the hamon line from the differential hardening. The moon is sandblasted on or made by some other method. The steel above and below the hamon line (above the shinogi line) is polished. There is still protective vinyl on it so it shows some marks and the polish is a bit dulled.

Last edited:
No offense intended!- but looking at the first picture (the one with the knife in the rack) above; below the wide bevel the steel appears to be black. Is that just secondary to the vinyl?

No offense intended!- but looking at the first picture (the one with the knife in the rack) above; below the wide bevel the steel appears to be black. Is that just secondary to the vinyl?

That is just reflection of a dark background, it is mirror polished. There is no kanji on the faces of Mt. Fuji honyakis. I’m assuming there would be on the tang but I have not removed the handle. If you are interested and want additional pictures I’d be more than glad to get them to you.

$1100 shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
$1050 shipped... that's $150 below what I paid a few weeks ago and it's still BNIB.

This has been traded. If a mod can please close this thread that would be great. Not giving me an option to edit the post. Thank you KKF and to the buyer

Back