• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Shiraki R2 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasFur

Warrior of Jarhead clan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offer a buy back guarantee if your not happy with your purchase. Its a great knife so I'll be happy to have it back. You just cover paypal expenses (if there are any on a re-fund?) and shipping back to me. - Im also only a home cook. - may be open to partial trades. (240 gyuto's only plz) - May close the thread if i change my mind and want to keep it.

Shiraki R2 (Tosa Grind)
Bought off KNS - its 1 of 2 R2 blades made by shiraki i know of. the other is a R2 Damascus.
Bought at the 2017 Black friday sale. - looking for $500
Blade came with a scotch bright finish, and it was a perfect candidate for a mirror polish, Grind is done in such a way that it wont stick very easily to food. You can tell the effort that tosa put into this grind by the choil shot, and how beautifully even it is.
Oh, we had a cat, it got to the foam in the box and clawed it up when I left it open a while back. - If it bothers you i have more foam (White), and will make a new handle insert part. or I can wrap the foam insert.

kZdZYXDg.jpg

aa63uET.jpg

qxvcG7T.jpg

Measurements to come....

Will provide cutting demos of any of knife upon request.
Will polish these knives to requested finish upon request.

Cheers all,
Lucas

Cw4asre_d.jpg
0NL4n7x_d.jpg

Still have friction fit saya. (No pin)
No alteration to grind has been done
No sharpening has been done
Polishing only. (Polishing kills the edge. Needs to be sharpened for use)
47mm at the heel. "Sakai sizing"

Kasumi polished - 1k sand paper as a base, and 4K Morihiro stone powder. To make it look nice.
LusYQ5Y.jpg
5E1IQUB.jpg

Would be open to partial trade: (240mm Gyuto only)
Masakage koishi
Mazaki
TF
Sukenari (AS)
Syusin Sakura
Mizuno
Etc.

Last edited:
Bump on this Beauty.

again .... willing to accept 240mm Gyutos at market pricing. Konosuke Fujiyama / Kagekiyo / Mizuno/ Teruyasu / Watanabe / Toyama / Mazaki / Shig / Sukenari

Last edited:
Back