• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Shiraki Tesshu Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Looking for an Aframes Tesshu Shiraki 240 Honyaki? Let me know if you have one for sale. I also have some interesting trades including Comet san mai and honyaki if that helps.

Last edited:
What is the length? How tall is the heel you’re looking for ?

Preferably an undersized 240 ie 225-240 edge length. Height isn't too important 47mm+

Long shot but you may want try to ask ‘thevincenzo’ on the other forum if he still wants to sell his. I sold him my Shiraki tesshu honyaki a few years ago. One of the best honyakis I ever had.

Good luck on your hunt. It should pair well with your collection of TFs. I love mine. It’s an undersized blue 2 270 and that’s only honyaki I kept. Sold all others.

does the shiraki have to be sold through aframes? I have one from Hitohira that fits your description, I’ll gladly take measurements if it’s something you might be interested in. And seeing how he is retired his blades are going to be more and more rare

LOL, six-month bump :)
Well you know, 6 months is a long time in the knife world. Maybe there's an owner out there waivering now......plus I'd forgotten, what with all the Covid shenanigans.

I admire your perseverance and wish you luck in finding one very soon.

The 270 blue 2 I had was probably the best cutter I ever tried. Even calling it a laser grind was an understatement.

I think I know someone who has one of these purchased back in 2012. Can ask for you. I’ve been meaning to look at it again and he’s not a honyaki guy. Matter of fact I think he’s sponsored by global of all things atm.

I think I know someone who has one of these purchased back in 2012. Can ask for you. I’ve been meaning to look at it again and he’s not a honyaki guy. Matter of fact I think he’s sponsored by global of all things atm.
Clearly an enlightened knife nerd. Please extol the virtues of those Globals and have him send that pointless honyaki my way.... :)

I admire your perseverance and wish you luck in finding one very soon.

The 270 blue 2 I had was probably the best cutter I ever tried. Even calling it a laser grind was an understatement.
As they say patience is a virtue so I hope I'll be rewarded one day.....

Back