Shout-out to CKTG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you had to start a forum because you were being kicked off of another forum (where your livelihood was earned) because the "said seller" had run you out of town.......would you still feel the same? :eyebrow:

Yes, sure! Being kicked off wouldn't be fun, worse if it involved your livelihood, and worse yet if you noticed the orchestrator's business blossom. Sympathies.

Vengeful? You consider the policies that are in place to be vengeful? Also, what do you mean by "envious bans"? Who's envious?

Maybe have a read again and send me a PM if things aren't clear.

Or, is this kind of business model and strategy something you do already?

Charming. No, no it isn't. Don't run a business and wouldn't enjoy copying one if I did. Nice of you to ask, though.

Maybe the best reply to the OP would have been none at all? Silence sends a big message and sometimes invites a discreet inquiry.

I have always received very good no-nonsense service from Mark.

I have an idea. Just for kicks, head on over to Mark's forum and start a thread titled, "Shout out to Dave Martell" Wherein the op describes a wonderful experience with Dave's business.... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I could write a book on this subject but it wouldn't sell.

Bottom line, I have no issues buying from CKTG.

But I guess I spoke too soon. Way to take my positive observation about the forum and make me out to be a jerk.

-AJ

Here we go again.... The martyr coming out. If you're being "made out to be one" it may not be anyones fault but your own.

I have had good experiences (and lots of them a few years ago). Then I had a really bad one. Have only used him once or twice since. I think there are many vendors that are much more honest and KNOWLEDGEABLE vendors out there. The product videos alone make me not want to buy stuff. But, to each their own and its good to see the vendor can be talked about. Personally as my two cents, I wont be buying from CKTG ever again..

-Chuck

Here we go again.... The martyr coming out. If you're being "made out to be one" it may not be anyones fault but your own.

Seriously, what are you talking about? Last time you said I was vendor. I think you have me confused with someone else. Again, ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKING A POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT THE LACK OF MUDSLINGING. I thought it was nice to see.

-AJ

From my few dealings with Mark, all I can say is that he is a businessman, a little bit of a knife noob compared to some of the other vendors, but a nice guy at heart. He fixed a minor error in the shipping of an item at his loss, and personally replied to my emails (thoroughly), even though he must have tons to reply to.

I expect the 'curt' responses some members have received are simply due to him being very busy, with not a lot of time to resolve each email.

Seriously, what are you talking about? Last time you said I was vendor. I think you have me confused with someone else. Again, ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKING A POSITIVE COMMENT ABOUT THE LACK OF MUDSLINGING. I thought it was nice to see.

-AJ

I think a positive comment would have left out a reference to mudslinging...you kind of set yourself up with the tone used.

From my few dealings with Mark, all I can say is that he is a businessman, a little bit of a knife noob compared to some of the other vendors, but a nice guy at heart. He fixed a minor error in the shipping of an item at his loss, and personally replied to my emails (thoroughly), even though he must have tons to reply to.

I expect the 'curt' responses some members have received are simply due to him being very busy, with not a lot of time to resolve each email.

This is a much deeper issue about business ethics/scruples than a short email response from a vendor. Businessman no, salesman yes and a good one at that--look how many people are happy with their **** products because 'he was so nice and helpful'. As to his lack of product knowledge, you are correct.

Seriously, can't we just go back to censoring out those sorry *******?

All of you are right. I didn't realize I was being a complete ass when I said,
"Nice to see we can finally have this type of discussion with some sense of civility and less hostility to other members."
I felt like I was being made out to be a jerk so I then clarified by saying,
"I'm just saying nice to not see KKF members attacking each other. People are able to say they've had a positive experience or a negative experience and nobody's making any personal attacks. That's new and nice to see." But that was taken wrong too. I'm sorry. When Chuck called me out I got defensive. Again, I'm sorry.

I'm not a bad guy. I don't give a hoot about CKTG. I just don't like seeing KKF member snipe one another and it was nice to see for about 2 pages there was no sniping. I won't post on this thread again. If you have more bones to pick with me, PM me.

-AJ

does anybody make popcorn from scratch? Butter flavored oil that is commonly used in many commercial microwave popcorns really weirds me out. ive had to use butter flavored oil at some of my less savory jobs(no pun intended)and i find it to be pretty nasty.

does anybody make popcorn from scratch? Butter flavored oil that is commonly used in many commercial microwave popcorns really weirds me out. ive had to use butter flavored oil at some of my less savory jobs(no pun intended)and i find it to be pretty nasty.

It's the only way I make it...just found it to be easier and tastier than uWave popcorn. I like using lemon-infused EVOO and garlic salt...gotta hit it with the salt right after you dump it from the pan...sometimes a little black and red pepper too.

Grapeseed oil is also excellent for popcorn.

Can this please stop? This discussion happens every few weeks with the same result everytime. Agree to disagree and remember that you're on a forum discussing knives, knife related things, the occasional straight razor and other oddities.

It's the only way I make it...just found it to be easier and tastier than uWave popcorn. I like using lemon-infused EVOO and garlic salt...gotta hit it with the salt right after you dump it from the pan...sometimes a little black and red pepper too.

I don't have a microwave and can't stand the popcorn it makes...I cook mine in a wok.:biggrin:

read the topic and slightly expected some of this but you guys don't disappoint.

i must admit though this thread needs more konesuke pics and hopefully a review. i don't own a funayuki but i own a regular konesuke gyuto so still very interested in your opinion.
also i like the blond ferrule so i woulda said ooooh i got lucky rather then awe that's not what i wanted.

I don't have a microwave and can't stand the popcorn it makes...I cook mine in a wok.:biggrin:

I think I've used just about everything in my kitchen: wok, cast iron and teflon skillet, sauce pans...maybe my Le Crueset is the only thing I haven't used...actually I even used the uWave once! (salt, oil paper bag, popcorn...when I was a kid and before we knew about the crap they use to make paper.)

sounds pretty damn good....im craving parmesan popcorn...

I have a pot strictly for popcorn. We make it at least three times a week. I use the business half of a pressure cooker. Nice and brown inside from years of popcorn making. I use the lid but not tight, steam ruins popcorn.

P.S. Nutritional yeast.

nutritional yeast is sorta similar to like cheese powder, or whatever that stuff is that gets all over your hands after you eat doritos or Cheese Its. so i could see nutritional yeast being a cool topping to sprinkle on top of popcorn with garlic salt.

When my parents divorced 15 years ago, it was very amicable and adult. With one exception...

My father calls me over one day, and reminds me there is one flimsy lightweight sauce pan used only by him and only for popcorn. He worked a lot and didn't really cook. Making popcorn for movie night was about as far as it went with him in the kitchen, so I went along with it and stole it from my mothers house for him.

To this day my mother blames me for her terrible popcorn LOL.

When my parents divorced 15 years ago, it was very amicable and adult. With one exception...

My father calls me over one day, and reminds me there is one flimsy lightweight sauce pan used only by him and only for popcorn. He worked a lot and didn't really cook. Making popcorn for movie night was about as far as it went with him in the kitchen, so I went along with it and stole it from my mothers house for him.

That's a great story!

Perfect wrap for this thread. Poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back