Show us your Steak Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oQoGx95l.jpg

Ikazuchi petty. Probably not kosher to use it on a stoneware plate but :dancingcow:

Takeda AS Bunka converted to a Steak Knife
Took me three days on a 400 grit stone to reshape the blade.
I will have to fine tune the grind as I use it.

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1963.jpg
IMG_1964.jpg

I happened to pick up two boxes of these when they were on Mother's Day sale just recently. Featherweights, 35g each. I'd say they are more of a general table knife than a steak knife, like a bigger victorinox paring with a much nicer handle. Look good in the knife block.

The worst OOTB edges I've seen a long time. Well, at least in the first box. The ones in the second box had no identifiable edge at all (whoops!). Fixed easily enough with some stones. So far so good!

This is my steak knife - rustic, sharp, hand-forged.
I did not have a steak at hand, so I improvised with dried meat.
Hope u like it.
I have a knife like that from my mountain man reenactment days, used to do that a lot!

I grabbed a set of four Messermeister "Avanta" 5-inch steak knives a while back and I'm happy with them. Decent HT on the X50CrMoV15, so they actually feel okay on stones and sharpen up fine, and they're stainless so I don't have to hassle my guests during dinner :)

I refresh them from time to time on my Shapton 320 so they stay nice and toothy. They double as great letter openers!

When I'm cutting steak to plate, of course, I just use whatever gyuto is already wet or whatever I want to put some patina on.

Back